What's the coolest thing you've put together using Solid Modeling?

I made a 3 piece electric keyboard/piano

Link to the Piano

Did not even post here, and my 747 was on the blog. :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, here is my second thing: http://www.roblox.com/Innovation-Airport-testing-Late-Beta-place?id=170001895
Planes do fly, and does use FilteringEnabled. :slight_smile:

Not really “cool”, but here’s a practical technique I wanted to share. I’ve been using it to prevent Z-fighting where multiple parts are overlapped and share visible surfaces. Really ugly.

It’s much more noticeable as you move the camera, but here.

So I’ll take all of those messy parts and try to union them together, to get a single not messy piece. Of course physics isn’t happening with unions yet, so I still keep the old set of parts around to act as transparent colliders, and keep the union non collidable.

And here’s another example of the same idea with a slide.

Everyone has cool stuff and I’m sitting here like

Here’s an AUG rifle my partner shaylan007 has build with CSG at his place

He’s an absolute master with making guns through CSG modeling and overcoming all those union errors.

Only problem so far is having a way to scale multiple unions together.
Due to the poly limit and union errors, this gun is made up of 30 different union parts and we need a way to scale it properly

[quote] Here’s an AUG rifle my partner shaylan007 has build with CSG at his place

He’s an absolute master with making guns through CSG modeling and overcoming all those union errors.

Only problem so far is having a way to scale multiple unions together.
Due to the poly limit and union errors, this gun is made up of 30 different union parts and we need a way to scale it properly [/quote]

Assuming CSG’d parts scale properly when resized, using any model scaler on that should work fine.

“Assuming CSG’d parts scale properly when resized, using any model scaler on that should work fine.”

CSGd parts can only be 0.2 on each side minimum.

As a workaround you can union them together with an invisibly small meshed part in order to increase the bounding box size without visibly changing them.

Why doesn’t this happen automatically?

"Why doesn’t this happen automatically? "

Because UnionOperations are still parts, and you can’t make parts smaller than 0.2x either?

Here I use the same technique from my last post to get a nicer continuous cobble texture.

It evens things out really well. I just wish there wasn’t that slight color change. Also, the original seems to render shadows and lighting significantly better, which you can really notice in the holes.

I feel like I’ve posted this model on here before…

My AUG :smiley:

I did not make this but a friend of mine did, I’m hoping to get script it for her when the new physics stuff is out.

@Defaultio

If you set it to UsePartColor the colour tint will dissapear :slight_smile:

Just made this today. :woohoo:

I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. :slight_smile:

2op4me. Nice job, looks very nice!

I’ve mostly been using it for window frames on my buildings.

Here’s the bank for my upcoming game:

House:

Also I made a soda machine:

Some pretty basic medieval themed stuff.

I’m toying with the idea of a build-and-race model rocket game. KSP - space + competition. CSG’d myself some parts:

since the bump is not me, I am going to share my CSG cars:

I should have turned AA on before taking the shots
I’m in the process of making a 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air right now, I’ll post a picture when it is done.

if you want to race around with them in their anti-gravity makeovers (the bodywork remains the same), you can here: http://www.roblox.com/Futuristic-Drifting-place?id=18378720