What's the coolest thing you've put together using Solid Modeling?

Something I made today, for a new game I’m working on. I’m quite happy with how it turned out.

The place this is at contains quite a few more models made with CSG. It’s quite nice being able to make detailed structures while keeping the part count low.

Link to place: http://www.roblox.com/Flood-Testing-pre-alpha-place?id=173919255

So I’ve done some more things for my 2014 Tardis using the CSG editor such as this bookcase

&

1 Like

[quote] So I’ve done some more things for my 2014 Tardis using the CSG editor such as this bookcase

&

[/quote]
You’ve made another Doctor Who fan very happy. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know this thread is kind of dead, but I just made another model for my game that I’m quite happy with, and I wanted to share:

[quote] I know this thread is kind of dead, but I just made another model for my game that I’m quite happy with, and I wanted to share:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler] [/quote]

How many parts is the gun and how many for the cartridge?

[quote] I know this thread is kind of dead, but I just made another model for my game that I’m quite happy with, and I wanted to share:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler] [/quote]

How many parts is the gun and how many for the cartridge?[/quote]

The cartridge is one single union, but is made from 5 parts total, 2 of which were negative. The gun is two seperate unions, one for the grip and base, and one for the slide. The base and grip are made from 18 parts, 3 of which were negative. The slide was made from 22 parts, of which 7 were negative.

Solid Modeling is one of the most useful features I’ve encountered on ROBLOX. I’ve made tons of stuff so far.
Below is a list of some of the cool things I’ve made so far.

A cooler full of ice made for the lemonade stand at my pool.

I dunno, I’m pretty proud of my kanshou and byakuya

Metroid power beam:

Number of hours spent: 10

;-;

[quote] So I’ve done some more things for my 2014 Tardis using the CSG editor such as this bookcase

&

[/quote]

But that writing is wrong. Please learn Gallifreyan. (My profile picture was once Gallifreyan.)

I made this Metal Gear out of Unions for my brother last week. Each limb is a separate union so that it can be fully animated.

Well… seeing it is still getting posts…

Behold…

Shapes :DDD

The Tetrakaidecagon looks like our Cylinder mesh :open_mouth:

I made this way back when CSG first came out:

It’s made up of 44 pieces, and took more than eight minutes to calculate. Fun times.

I’ve also made a few logos. Here’s the Galactic Empire:

All one piece. That was a bit tricky to do.

Corona Sun (Tangled):

This one’s 15 pieces, with the center being a block with a CylinderMesh.

Arendelle Crocus (Frozen):

6 parts, with the stem being a normal block.

With a very simple combination of two cylinders and a block, I was able to make some nice-looking vaults. This is pretty easy to do with CSG, but very difficult to pull off without it. When CSG physics is released, you’ll be able to properly interact with them.

These windows are some of my favorites. I was able to get them down to three pieces each: the glass, the cames (black lines), and the wood frame.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Same deal with these windows, except I couldn’t get the frame down to just one piece. Angled parts are tough.

I’ve made a lot more unions, but most of them are ‘utility’ pieces like picture frames or chimney tops. These are the ones I see as my best so far.

The A.L.A.N. Storyteller

B.A. Damage, B.A. Firerate, B.A. Design, B.A. autoRifle with Sippy Cup holder convenience. #8

Available in Zombiecon Anniversary and will be available in Zombiecon 2.

Only 7 guns are dedicated to IRL people, people that I am or was close with and that I find special. Now there are 8. With 45+ Guns in Zombiecon 2’s massive Arsenal, these certain guns are of the rarest selection, putting them into the Legendary Weapons sort. (basically these guns are special as heck)

Unexpectedly, the addition of a Legendary Weapon to Zombiecon Anniversary added a cool new aspect to it, it established another goal. Since it’s priced at $8000 with the average gun costing $900, players quickly began saving up for it because they want to see what merits a gun priced at a crazy $8000. And when they see how effective it is (B.A. damage and firerate), they’ll keep that interest because they want to wield the power again. It makes gameplay a bunch more interesting.

Definitely the coolest thing I’ve put together with Solid Modeling (smodeling). Best of luck. :frowning: :slight_smile:

ADDED BONUS: Making this gun made me realize that saying “A-L-A-N” slow sounds exactly like “Alien”

you should like totally auto give people with the Bearded Alien that gun
like…
totally

[quote] you should like totally auto give people with the Bearded Alien that gun
like…
totally [/quote]

My biased speech senses are tingling.

[quote] you should like totally auto give people with the Bearded Alien that gun
like…
totally [/quote]

My biased speech senses are tingling.[/quote]
Pppppftttttt why would I evvvver do such a thing?

A door.

1 Like

probably this