What's the most efficient way to handle prox prompts being shown for certain players?

i have a system where i am wanting to display proximity prompts only for certain players. there will be player status value to determine who gets to see the prompts and who doesn’t. one way i am thinking is by just going through all the specific prompts and enabling/ disabling them. but then with that i would also have to account for if a prompt gets added. should i just go with this approach or does someone know of a more efficient way?

Handle the proximity prompts on the client side and only that client should see them.
I would create a class/module to do this on the client. Then create instances of the class that enable/disable certain prompts based on that players data.

I’m more so referring to the handling of the prompts being enabled/ disabled. for example i was thinking of using collection service. but by default i would just account for two things, the player’s status and prompts being added. with collection service i wouldn’t need to loop through all the prompts and then i don’t think i would need to worry so much about the prompts being added either.

Sure collection service is one way to go to gather the prompts. Either way really, collection service is just doing the loops for you.

1 Like

true. i just feel like me doing the loops would be jank and then also having to place a child added event

Whatever suits your preference. One way or another thats whats being done. Either by you manually or by the collection service.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.