What's with the default avatars?

On a few threads I’ve noticed users with the default (different from N/A) avatar. For instance, on the GameStorage Service feature request about 5 of the users who liked the post have default avatars:

This doesn’t seem to be related to user permissions as MajorTom4321 has a default avatar even though she’s not a visitor, and there is a visitor that does not have a default avatar.

Any idea what’s up @Nightgaladeld @JParty?

If this is the new default avatar instead of “N/A”, please do a cache bust on the pictures of all people / the people that still have an N/A picture, if possible :slight_smile:

Hi EchoReaper,

This is the first time I see it myself. I ask on Monday if anyone knows about this change. Thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes

Are those just people who aren’t devforum members? Pretty sure it was found out that they can like posts and vote on polls.

Nope. MajorTom4321 has a default avatar.

Looks like a recent Discourse update may have added a new thumbnail size of 250x250, which was not listed in the default avatar sizes. Added it as a size to generate, hopefully next time these users login it will be fixed. Let me know if you see it happen for any new users, or if it happens to you after today.

On a sidenote, we are also changing the size of the headshot thumbnail so it matches one that is generated 95% of the time. Should reduce the number of N/A thumbnails on the dev forums.

2 Likes