What's wrong with this command?

When I was editing in Roblox studio, I use View Selector to force camera look from the Top onto my map. But when I trying rotate it using Command bar by CFrame.Angles(0, math.pi, 0), It don’t rotate. After many tries, I tried just rotate camera manually and after rotate it with command. It don’t work too. But when I trying set CFrame, instead of multiplying it with workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame, It works perfectly:

Don’t work:

workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame = workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(0, math.pi, 0)

Work:

workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame = CFrame.Angles(0, math.pi, 0)

I tryed change math.pi to math.rad(45) [to track difference] → don’t work;
I tryed replace math.rad from Y axis to Z and / or X → don’t work too.

How doesn’t it work? Does it error? Have you tried

workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame *= CFrame.Angles(0, math.pi, 0)
1 Like

Yes, I tried this command too.
No, there’s only Command grey text about what I writed in Command Bar.

Try to print this
What it say?

It looks like the default camera code for Edit Mode is overriding the command when you use * for some reason. May I ask why you want to do this in the first place?

Same issue occur when I try make this with Script:

CurrentCamera.CFrame.Angles maybe?

Why am I asking this? Because I’m uncomfortable looking at my landscape. I’m trying to make a mini-map for him. And if I try to manually scroll the camera while I selected the Top face through the View selector, it will be deflected by about 10-15 degrees down.

This don’t work too. Throws error.

What do you mean “deflected”? The View Selector points the camera straight down.

I mean about deflecting when you use Left Mouse Button to change Camera Orientation from Top View selector mode. You can’t look straight up / down with mouse.

You can’t look straight up or down in any engine, including Roblox, because of a mathematical problem that comes along with it.

You can, but only using View selector Top or Bottom.