Wheels (Ball Shape) Having Collision Errors

@GeorgeOfAIITrades
We are working on a fix for your case under PhysicsSteppingMethod = Default/Adaptive.
So updating all places won’t be necessary.

(essentially VehicleSeat surface hinge cars will be forced to run at a fixed timestep even if the workspace setting is set to default/adaptive, which solves your issue.)

1 Like

Updpate: the fix is being released at the moment, we will let you know as soon as we get it enabled. (will take a week or two)

1 Like

Couldn’t be waiting for a fix so already went and updated all my places that are necessary to update but glad a fix is being rolled out eventually.

Out of curiosity, is the fixed time step the largest one? (240hz)

1 Like

My question more so is concerning what

this section of the above message exactly means. Not what the “Fixed” Timestepping setting does (I read the DevForum post you linked already)

Yes, us putting the VehicleSeat SurfaceHinge car into “Fixed” means it will always step at 240hz, even if Workspace.PhysicsSteppingMethod = Adaptive, the car itself will still step at 240hz. It will not be able to take advantage of the performance benefits of the lower frequencies.

Eventually the PhysicsSteppingMethod option will be removed, putting all places into “Adaptive” mode. Edge cases like yours will continue to run locked at 240hz.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.