When clicking the view reply button its unresponsive for a while

First experienced: 4/27 9:00 AM EST
Last experienced: 4/27 11:50 AM EST

Whenever I click the reply button on a comment it waits/lags before showing the reply:

Consistently; Have had this happen every time I try to view a comments reply.
Impact; low, after 5 or 10 seconds it starts working, but it is kind of annoying.

Reproduction steps:

1. Open up any topic
  2. Click on the replies button at the bottom of a response
  3. It should remain unresponsive for 5-10 seconds(Max I’ve had is 30 but that’s the avg).

Workaround:
Wait 5-10 seconds for the button to start working.

2 Likes

most likely internet problems, ive never experienced this

Ran a internet test and it showed this:

Can’t confirm on Discourse Hub’s app for iPad, iOS 14.5

I haven’t tested on mobile, but I’m pretty sure its a local issue anyway. Haven’t confirmed that though. It is starting to fix itself, but I still get a delay of around 1-3 seconds when I try to view replies.

Can (potentially?) confirm.

There’s like a half-second lag there for me that wasn’t present beforehand. Doubt it’s an internet problem:

well, i mean, theres a 0.3 second lag for me.

Well, the video looks like what was happening to me. I have good internet(same with you) so really it can’t be internet problems.

1 Like

Hello! I’ve not been able to repro right now. Does the issue still occur?

No, its seemed to fix it self. I’ll mark this as the solution so staff know its been fixed.

1 Like

Great to hear that the issue no longer occurs. If it reoccurs, please create a new topic for us to look into. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.