When using Paste Into, respect the Collisions option

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to copy and paste items without have them shifted on the Y axis.

When I copy an object and paste it somewhere in the workspace, it is shifted up such that it is not colliding with anything. This is not useful behavior to me. If Paste Into... respected the Collisions option in the Model tab, this would solve the problem for me but keep the existing behavior for users who use it.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would allow me to more easily move and copy objects in the Explorer.

18 Likes

Currently duplicating is the way to go to skip this behaviour.
Ctrl+D is the shortcut.

Then you can drag it wherever you please in the explorer.

4 Likes

I use duplicating when working within the same window already. (But thanks for the tip!) I’m having trouble copying/pasting between two Studio instances.

My current work-around is to paste into ServerStorage then drag to Workspace, but I don’t think this should be necessary.

6 Likes

Good point, it should follow your collision preference.

I don’t use copy & paste for 3d objects because they always paste somewhere annoying. Duplicate is the way to go~

4 Likes

This update is long overdue. It makes working with Accessories too hard and it’s extra code that just makes the studio experience worse.

4 Likes