Whenever Tool Is Equiped, It Just Falls To The Floor

Hi, everyone! I’ve recently noticed a problem I’m having when it comes to a tool of mine being equipped as it doesn’t show the custom character equipping it and instead, it just falls to the ground in a certain spot.

Here is a video showing my problem, the StarterCharacter model, and the LocalScript:

robloxapp-20240102-1113071.wmv (2.7 MB)

local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer

script.Parent.Activated:Connect(function()
	player.leaderstats.Cheese.Value = player.leaderstats.Cheese.Value + 1
	script.Parent.NomNom:Play()
end)

I have tried searching the DevForums, YouTube vids, etc and none of them show my specific problem.

A LocalScript in the tool isn’t working whenever the tool is activated (not sure if that has something to do with the fact that the tool is not where it’s supposed to be).

Sorry that you have to download the video, idk how to make it so you can just view the video without having to download it. Also, on my screen it doesn’t show the screenshot so if it does that for you just click on the grey box to see it.

Does the tool work for normal characters which are not custom?
If not:

Have a handle in your tool,
go to the tool properties and make sure RequiresHandle is true.
Make sure all parts in the tool are Unanchored,

For every part inside the Tool (except the handle itself) add a weld constraint inside the handle.
Set Part0 to Handle and Set Part1 to the respective part for which you made the weld constraint.

1 Like

Apparently somewhat, since this is what happens whenever you’re not a custom character…

robloxapp-20240102-1122035.wmv (1.9 MB)

And apparently, the LocalScript works again.

:confused: no one seems to be helping more or have a solution

try to put space beetween right and arm in its name