Where are chat bubbles stored?

Greetings,

I am looking for where the actual chat bubble guis are stored in the player gui? I can’t seem to find it. My goal is to be able to clear all the chat bubbles, without editing the actual global values related to the chat. If some1 can point me to where it’s stored when it pops up, i’d be very grateful

Thank you for your time

1 Like

Pretty sure the bubble gui gets created inside the chat scripts, so theres not really any way of accessing them

1 Like

but how then do they appear in the workspace if they are not an element of the workspace? according to the script the bubble chat is a billboard gui

1 Like

I’m not too sure what happens to it after its created

1 Like

some1 showed me on discord that for them it does indeed appear in the BubbleChat screenGui inside their playerGui, but even in a fresh baseplate, after editing the chat module it still does not appear there for me, even tho the script itself says that that is where they are supposed to be parented

Hey there,
the chat bubbles gui is being stored in Player.PlayerGui.BubbleChat.
Every time player starts chatting, a new BillboardGui is created. I’ve done some research and I think every player has his own BillboardGui once he starts chatting and once the chat bubbles disappear, the BillboardGui is getting destroyed.

Scheme

EDIT: The bubbles do not appear for the server, you have to manipulate with them locally.

Hope this helped,
have a nice day!

1 Like

as i said in the above post, it simply does not happen for me even in a fresh baseplate, i am now super confused

Are you using the default Roblox chat bubble system or do you have something custom made? How are you enabling the chat bubbles?
I’m just asking these questions as I’m not really sure what is wrong here.

it’s all default. At first i just had it enabled in the studio. Then i tried editing the script and setting bubblechatt to true. Then i disabled it in studio and just edited the script and now it does indeed appear in the BubbleChat screenGui of the PlayerGui, thank you

1 Like