Where can I get keyboard icons like these?

In Roblox’s latest overhaul of the entire Roblox ingame menu, they use these really nice looking keyboard key icons to indicate different controls. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on this library of images?

[Edit: I would also like to know if there is a clean way to detect if a user is playing on a Mac keyboard or a Windows keyboard. In the default controls menu, the shortcuts for various commands reference Command, a key which is specific to Mac keyboards. I believe on a Windows keyboard, the corresponding actions would be performed with the Control key. Anyways, my question is: How does Roblox know whether to show Command or Control based on what kind of keyboard you use?]

3 Likes

I believe it’s based off of operating system; because you can use a windows USB keyboard on a mac, and the CTRL button indeed does function as the CMD key in that instance.

1 Like

AppData > Local > Roblox > Versions > version-x > ExtraContent > Textures > ui > ImageSet > InGameMenu

1 Like

Any secret knowledge on how to detect whether a user is on MacOS or Windows in that case? Roblox made it a freaking nightmare to figure out if someone is on Xbox (for God knows why), so I have low confidence there is any clean way to detect the two OSes.

1 Like

I bought a pack online. Super high quality.

1 Like

Found this, but core scripts only. Big rip.

2 Likes

RIP. Stupid freaking Roblox. I wonder if there’s a way to figure out the platform based on what the coreguis do. Some crazy hack like that.

1 Like

2x

3x

As @AstroCode stated, they’re in the ExtraContent folder

Btw, it looks like you can access ExtraContent assets using the normal rbxasset:// URI. This should give you the input sprite sheet: rbxasset://textures/ui/ImageSet/InGameMenu/img_set_1x_1.png

For example, rbxasset://textures/UI/LuaApp/graphic/Auth/GridBackground.jpg did show me the login background from the Roblox app, when I used it on an ImageLabel.

6 Likes

As for platform detection, you can check if they’re playing on console Xbox by checking for the TenFootInterface: GuiService | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

Other than that, you’re better off checking the last input type and adapting gameplay based on that.

Commendable effort on your reply but if you had read one more message for context, you would realize that that wasn’t being asked.

Ah. I did misread that. Short answer is no, then. haha

You’ll just have to show both combinations if you can; e.g. CTRL+C/+C.

I stand corrected. It’s deprecated, but you can still use the GuiService.IsWindows property. Just tried it on Windows, got true. Tried on Android, got false.

1 Like

Good find! I might take a risk and use it anyways…

1 Like

Wrap it in a pcall and make sure you have a fallback setup, and you should be good even if it breaks or gets removed.

1 Like