Where did you learn how to build on roblox studio?

I learned to build by playing with the parts and looking at free models and trying to recreate them.

2 Likes

I learned the hard way, just kept on building and building without watching any tutorials until I figured what some tools do. I kept on doing that until I honed my building skills to my likings. Recently I learn more whenever Iā€™m playing a showcase or watching a speed build. As for your cafe, I highly recommend you look up cafes online, and whenever you build donā€™t stress out. It doesnā€™t matter how many times you fail since you also gain experience from failure.

4 Likes

I became an addict to admin abuse games and mastered Building Tools by F3X. I then discovered the F3X plugin and slowly incorporated Robloxā€™s built-in tools into my building techniques.

2 Likes

I never learned, I just developed it naturally

2 Likes

Iā€™d recommend going to HiddenDevs creation section and just looking at the builds people have made. Dont be afraid to ask questions as in what plugins they used, what parts/meshes did they use for the roof etc. Just look at other peopleā€™s build and take motivation to make it better which is how i started out. I first started out scripting but realized that I enjoyed building way more than I do scripting and here I am now.

1 Like

M a g i c. I donā€™t really know. I think I watched a tutorial on it but I canā€™t remember their name. I still donā€™t know how to script.

2 Likes

I learned to build by just messing around with free model and whenever something catches my eyes iā€™ll just recrate it and try to build it in my style. and when I got pass that line I just build whatever came in my mind.

1 Like

three years of looking at how free models worked, occasionally figuring out a very useful tool and wondering how i hadnā€™t discovered it earlier, and then just trying to copy concepts from irl examples into my designs for a while after that

no regrets

1 Like

Pretty much just from messing around in studio and making some terrible builds. It allowed me to learn from mistakes. I picked up a few plug ins and just challenged myself and continued to build.

Looking at other games as well allows you to get an idea of how things are built.
The dev forum is also a very useful tool.

1 Like

Try learning building in AlvinBloxā€™s channel on YT, but there are other builders you can seek too. But I suggest discovering the studio on your own! I learned building by myself, I just keep searching for things in the studio itself, and after a few projects, building is decent. Discovering the studio on your own will help greatly, but also seek for help in the forum or other search engines.

1 Like

I didnā€™t really learn. My first few days on Roblox Studio were of me making basic walls and adding viruses through free models. Later, I realized that I had a bigger potential and looked on Google for something to build. I used a sofa as reference, and I actually managed to make it look amazing!

Anyway, reference is a good way to improve. Itā€™s like that saying in art ā€œ50% drawing, 50% lookingā€ which can be applied to this.

1 Like