Where do i get these type of textures

these are images from nico nextbots and i have been seeing alot of these “realistic” kinds of textures where it looks like its a picture of a real object/thing turned into an image, is there a website for this or do i need to do it myself

2 Likes

Not too sure where exactly people get these textures from, but generally it’s just real life images of a certain object put into Photoshop or a software of the sort, then UV mapped to a 3d object.

(or they just paint it themselves :man_shrugging:)

1 Like

There’s a beta feature on studio for texture generation. If you turn that on you type in a keyword (eg. ancient stone wall) and it will make an AI generated photo of that that normally looks realistic.

1 Like

Those are models imported from Half-Life 2. They could be as old as the 90’s, and definitely not made by a Roblox developer. There’s a whole documentary on how Valve’s graphics designers made the textures. They’re composites of real-life objects they scanned. Also check out Half-Life: 25th Anniversary Documentary – neat tech!

2 Likes

oh i see, thats why they look familiar, thx anyways

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.