Where do people find these backgrounds?

I’m trying to start a cafe and I can make all the gfx, scripting, Building and all that but for the group Icon and thumbnail, I can’t find what backgrounds a lot of people use for some of their game thumbnails/group Icons if anyone has any idea please tell me because I have been looking for them for a while.

3 Likes

These are striped background circles, for the first one it’s called stripped background warped

Search them up on google and you’ll find them

1 Like

Thanks, man I’ll be sure to use it. I was actually planning on using that as the background for my commissions sheet

1 Like

pretty much just gradient and then photoshopped

1 Like

Do you know any good photoshop substitutes for doing this type of thing?

1 Like

hmm, i know some artists that are on a low budget that can do that…(im not friends with them but ive seen them) they use paint.net

Yeah I’ve got paint.net although I really don’t use it that much. although it’ll be good to try learn it.

yeah its a very good software, its simple and very advanced at the same time!!!

Ok thanks for the tip man I’ll be sure to try it out!

np! btw there is a free photoshop duplicate if ur used to photoshop this one photopea and i reccomend using gimp

Yea I’ve definitely heard of photopea before my friend showed me it but I couldn’t figure it out lol although I guess that what photoshop would be like so I’m gonna try to learn it. Another one I found was called pixlr and I have used it in the past although I don’t think its as complex or has as many features as photopea

if youre trying to to what the top image did heres a neat trick that can give you the desired effect easily!

(for paintdotnet)

step one: create a gradient with the colours you want.

Step two: go to effects>distort>dents and turn the tension, refraction and scale sliders up to 100.

here is the result!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip man! I was looking for pictures that looked like the first one and couldn’t find anything so thanks for the little tutorial!

1 Like

pixlr.com is pretty good for a photoshop substitution

Yeah I use that although I feel like its not very complex although I still like it.

You can easily make them using softwares such PS , paint.net etc.

There’s also one background Generator on Chrome , but demerit of it is you can’t make high end backgrounds with it , however here’s the link : - https://www.starburstgenerator.com/

They probably use a photo editing software like photoshop to do it. I don’t have much experience in making thumbnails like that.