Where is a way to use two clients at the same time?

Greetings,my username is General Crystal.
I wanted to ask some game ideas that I have in mind but I wanted to know if it’s possible to realize them in the engine.

1. What do you want to achieve? I wanted to make a game that required two roblox clients at the same time. For example game A is a mine and game B is a refinery, you have to transfer the ores from game A to game b.
    This instruction comes in a horror game called “Five Shows at Wario’s”.

2. What is the issue? The problem I don’t know if it’s possible to make this type of game with the roblox engine and also what would be the best way to do it.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I already tried to search but I didn’t find anything of information for my case.

Well, I don’t know what I can explain further. Well rest a good day to you all.

2 Likes

When you say 2 clients, do you mean 2 different Roblox accounts? Or 2 experiences/places? Or that you mean literally the player would require 2 instances of the Roblox client running on their machine?

1 Like

I meant two instances of the roblox client on the same machine.

about that roblox studio has a option to play with multiple accounts, the max is 4 or 5 i think
but if you want to launch multiple roblox player apps, i dont recommend doing it since you will using an exploit which violates the roblox tos.

Ok thank you for clarifying.
I have no idea whether this is possible (it might be, I’ve just not come across it before). If the two instances are on different accounts, then using datastores you could set up a profile in game where you can create an in-game account and add a second player would be my approach.
It might be more universal in appeal as I’m not sure everyone will have the spec to run two clients simultaneously, also as @p49p0 stated, TOS.

1 Like

Well, I don’t know if it’s against the terms of service is the user using two devices like the phone and the computer to do that.
I was very grateful for the explanations of the two of you.

you can log on to the same account in multiple devices. however you cannot play in multiple devices in the same time otherwise you will be kicked (not againts tos).
also, are you starting a new discussion? because you mentioned:

it’s just a continuation and not a new topic.

Thank you both for the explanation.
@Wigglyaa @p49p0
Rest a good day.

Yes, running more than one client on the same device is certainly possible—I do so almost everyday—but the accounts have to be different.

As for having multiple games, I’m pretty sure you could achieve what you want if these two games are their own places under the same experience. If you’re going to try to make your system work between completely different experiences, then I’m almost certain you’ll have to dive into external servers and HTTP hell.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.