Where is the Ambient Occlusion in the geometric grass!?

Hey, I recently opened the Studio and I did notice that there is no ambient occlusion in the scene, I would like to know if this is a change or it’s just a bug for the Future lighting technology

As you see, it only does happen with the Future technology, this is a normal behavior in games that use ray-tracing for lighting, but with Roblox, it just looks awful because there is no ray-tracing.

2 Likes

It might be because of your graphics level on Roblox studio.

Check your graphics level on your Roblox Studio’s settings, you should set it to max. And if you have set it to max and it still has no ambient occlusion, then it’s probably intended or a glitch.

I have max graphics, i asked here because I don’t know if it’s a bug or.a new change

1 Like

It’s a studio bug atm, they are trying to fix it. That’s why you don’t see this in normal Roblox player.

4 Likes

Every game with Future technology does not have the ambient occlusion effect, even if it’s in the Roblox Client and not in the Studio one

2 Likes

It’s called delayed brain activity on Roblox’s end, still can’t believe how unoptimized it is in some games and how bad it still looks at the same time.

I would get 120 fps on battlefield 5, but then get like 60-40 on Roblox in some games.

It’s sadly just like that.

3 Likes

It’s still an issue, and it got worse today, ShadowMap is missing ambient occlusion too, making the feature completely gone on all types of lighting as of now, not just Future.