Where to go next after your first game?

Being a new developer I’ve made my first two games which are both obby games. The second is still in progress and I’m wondering, where do I go after this? I’m learning every day, looking and listening to other’s ideas and creations. I’m still a beginner at scripting but I’ve gotten better at building in studio. With my basic scripting and building knowledge what’s next for me? Sorry for my bad grammar

1 Like

Well it depends, honestly I think a simple round based game can be a good challenge for you. The basic framework of a round based game is this:

while true do
if (#game.Players:GetPlayers()) >= ANAMOUNT then

Start your code!
end

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to try that. I’ll give it a try. I’ve been wondering how to teleport the players to the area when the round starts though.

1 Like

Just setting the Player HumanoidRootPart’s CFrame should do the job

Best of luck! :+1:

2 Likes

Player.HumanoidRootPart CFrame = (x,y,z)
Player.HumanoidRootPart CFrame = newCFrame

Is that how you’d move humanoids?

You could make an advanced obby type game because players might see you as a person who makes obbies and would want follow ups on that.

You could do something like what this guy does.
He makes obbies but with a bit of a storyline and objectives which you can get. That is something which is quite interesting because it’s something different from the normal obby games.

My 2nd obby game I’m working on utilizes powerups through Touch Events. Some of the powerups are, Superspeed, Jump boost, Taking damage, or Becoming slower. I’m trying to make more to have a variety.

1 Like