Where to learn scripting fast

Wrong topic to ask most likely

3 Likes

Have anyone interactive tutorials so I can better understand it

3 Likes

Dont learn it all right away.

Take time to understand the important pieces of the language, their functions, and mechanics, otherwise you will just give yourself more problems.
Once you understand it, move on to the next piece.

9 Likes

But are there any interactive tutorials ?

3 Likes

Not any that I know of. Just mess around in Roblox Studio with stuff you learn.

Like @DasKairo said, take it slow and learn it all gradually

3 Likes

This might be what youre looking for, I gave this to my friend when he was starting out and he learnt alot from it idk if its still free or not tho

3 Likes

This cost 599 robux that’s to much

1 Like

ah that’s ashame, it used to be free.

1 Like

The problem I would buy it but I don’t have money for this :confused:

1 Like

speaking as someone in the same situation as you, I’ve used a mixture of roblox’s own tutorials (start off with Core Curriculum ) and random tutorials I found on youtube, im not in any state to show off my work or to even program myself without a guide, but that core curriculum helped me to look at code and actually know whats going on inside of it. Its especially good because all the code that it gives you is fully explained, so even if you are just copy and pasting you can still understand how it works and why it works.

(its worth to note that the core curriculum works similar to that of a tutorial, where it wants you to make the exact thing its telling you to, if you want just information on scripts and how they work, Coding Fundamentals is more up your street)

4 Likes

Are there some free alternatives?

2 Likes

I mean there is something somewhat similar. If you’ve ever heard the name Boatbomber you probably know about his very famous project Lua Learning. It’s pretty interactive and it’s free

It’s a game you can find just search up “Lua Learning”

Keep in mind that most / all (I’m not sure tbh) of the tutorials are community made so there may be misinformation or bad examples here and there (not discrediting them though)

4 Likes

Lua Learning is a free Roblox game that tries to teach Lua. Try that.

3 Likes

^^^^^

If I were you I would just keep experimenting with Roblox Studio and making fun little games

3 Likes

I learnt by reading the creator docs and public sources.

1 Like

There’s only 1 place where you can can learn how to program easy and fast, and that’s in your dreams. Unless it’s all you’re doing, it can take many years to reach a decent level of programming.

1 Like

I recommend watching YouTube channels like Alvinblox as they go really in depth on scripting.

1 Like

look up codebros turorial on youtube, very easy to learn

I personally learned the basics from DevKings beginner & advanced scripting tutorial series. I had no experience in any programming languages at all and the total time to finish the series and learn the basics took me like a week or less.

1 Like

if you wanna learn scripting fast then you gotta be passionate and have goals. these goals can be making projects and stuff. it how i learned and i started getting serious at like the begginning of this year. Edit: ofc you gotta do tutorials im just saying if you wanna master it you gotta apply it