Where to start making knife like this?

How can I make a knife like this? All help is appreciated!

Specifically, I want to know how I would make the arms move to face the mouse (in R15, not R6). Also, I want to know how to smoothly throw the knife. I have used animations before for Idle and Throw, but I don’t think I can make the arms look at the mouse without using custom welds or something like that.

By the way, this is the KAT knife by @Fierzaa. You can try it out here.

1 Like

In the case of the arms pointing to the mouse on the Y axis. You can do trigo and vector math.

When throwing the knife, I would animate it and move it to the position of the mouse. Use raycast to detect when it hits something and clone a knife model in server storage. Position the model where the ray hit something.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. How would I animate the knife throw and all that without normal ROBLOX keyframes?

I don’t know too much about animating. If you wanna avoid animating you can have a script which constantly rotates the knife

I meant like the player’s arms and stuff, their arms when they are getting ready to throw, etc

Motor6D instances are frequently used for animating the player’s character & the tool while a tool is equipped.

How would I go about using those?