Which Art Style Do You Prefer?

What’s up? It’s SupieUp! I’ve been working extremely hard to switch up my style or to just improve overall, so after a few weeks of hard work and determination I’ve finished this art piece. Here’s a side to side comparison of my style before and after.

Before:

After:

Questions to ask yourself:

• Have I improved?

• Which style do you prefer?

• Which style is fit for commissions?

Thank you for reading this post, have a great rest of your day. :grin:

17 Likes

Hey there! Fantastic work! Both of them are so perfect : D
Personally I rather the first one, the second one looks more of a sketch phase, but the colouring on it is so perfect!

3 Likes

Well you’re not wrong, it’s still a bit of a sketch, but I’m working on it. Thank you for your feedback. :blush:

1 Like

I also love the new hair shading just when I thought it couldnt be any better! Amazing work :wink:

1 Like

You have improved a lot since your first publication and how you give details to each drawing
Honestly the nose is what you should change but good work

2 Likes

I worked on it a bit more, how’s the nose?

3 Likes

It looks very good compared to the previous version, it continues to work hard.

2 Likes

I think the appeal of the first picture is how clean the lines are, but the second picture has more depth.

Personally, I think both styles are fantastic! Nice work :heart:
You could work a bit more on proportioning the head with the body in the second picture. The shading is amazing though! Also, I like the first nose is better it just needs to be a bit smaller is all.
I outlined what I thought you could do:

• Above the white line just erase the nose part
  • push up the bottom of the nose a smidge or just leave it as is once upper part erased
    Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 7.29.10 PM
2 Likes

i love it, i like how its kinda how they painted the native americans , no offense i love it though.

1 Like

You had improved quite a bit, it just that you need to make the background image. I atcually prefer the old version, I just want it to have a gradient to make the shadows. You can use the after version for your commission. Overall, well done!

1 Like

Thank you your explanation is marvelous, this helped me so much. I appreciate your feedback. :heart:

1 Like

Okay, update!

Thanks to those who gave me feedback, I was able to improve (slightly).

Here’s the final piece.

2 Likes

Ahora bien, si lo hizo, mucho mejor que el primero y el segundo.
Increíble trabajo por cierto, me encantaría trabajar contigo algún día (Claro, no te obligo).
Tienes un gran talento como artista, hermana desarrolladora

1 Like

Muchas gracias, eres tan amable, no hablo español (estoy usando un traductor en este momento) pero me encantaría trabajar contigo también. Te avisaré cuando esté disponible. :grin:

1 Like

For me, I prefer the first one since it still has that classic roblox feel.Though, I still like the second one as well, I’m just not used to seeing a roblox character like that :smile:

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Well as an art hobbyist myself, I like the 1st one more. Why? Its a lot neater and already looks on the way to establishment. Just from my personal advice, there wasnt any nessecity for u to change art style coz u had already got good at your style. Changing style wastes A LOT of your time. Believe me. U said u workes weeks trying to get into new style. But think, if u had used up that time to practice and spice up your first style, how high that standard could hav gotten.
But if u want and have some time to spare, u can choose the style u wanna proffesionalise. But theres always the position where any art style can become the BEST if u give enough effort.
So yea. Going for 1st style would not waste your huge time and u can make it in a high standard level in few months. (coz u hav already got used to that style)
Going for 2nd one would take up a lot of your spare time but if u manage, it might work good.
:smiley:

1 Like

Just to clear up my 1st reply, if u didnt get it lol:
Working on 1st art style to make it perfect would be the best for u.
Take example from animators like OddOnesOut from youtube. He has somewhat similar structured art style like your 1st style. He has mastered that style. And using that mastered style, hes gotten millions of lovers.
But If he suddenly thinks of going towards the style like your 2nd one, it would degrade his standard from his fans’ perspective. Thats it in short.
And that style works perfect for ROBLOX designs and in A LOT of other places. I have the same art style as your 1st one btw and have become pretty good coz ive been doing the same style for years now :stuck_out_tongue:
(And btw this is totally MY opinion if anyone thinks im criticising her…and im not criticising at all… and opinions are allowed) lol this is long sry

1 Like

Yes, I totally understand where you’re coming from. I just thought it would be a fun exercise to test out some of my other styles. Thank you for your lovley feedback. :grin:

1 Like

I like the first one more, for me I rather have just normal designs like that but in reality they look really good and attractive over the second one, but both of them are nice you did a really great job on both of them, overall you did a great job.

1 Like

I mostly like the first one because it is simple and beautiful.

1 Like