Which Book Design Should I use?

Hi there, I’m currently working on a side project. I’m currently on the stage of decorating the creation and adding a few details throughout. I’m creating bookshelves now, though the design of the books is difficult to decide.

Should I use the Roblox book meshes(with texture), or should I use the books I created?

Roblox book meshes(with texture)

My books

If you have comments feel free to reply, otherwise answer the poll below.

• Roblox book meshes(with texture)
  • My books

0 voters

4 Likes

I feel the Roblox meshes give it a very realistic feel, personally that’s what really attracts me in games. When someone figures out a way to make something very realistic.

2 Likes

If the meshes had better textures, sure.

However, will the player ever see more than just the label of the books? Or will the user interact with some - where you’ll need more details.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, users will not be able to interact with the books. Perhaps eventually yes, though at this stage no. The bookshelves and books are for decoration for the rooms.

I voted for your books just because I often opt for a more simplistic look in my builds. But, if you’re going for realism, I’d go with the meshes (though it’s pretty obvious where they’re repeated, which detracts from the illusion of realism).

Bookshelves look pretty sweet too! :wink:

1 Like

I think it ultimately depends on what style the rest of your game is in, but I really like your design over the meshes. They’re probably going to do better as far as performance goes too because there are less complex textures to load. Only thing about yours is that I think the wooden cover looks kind of weird, but that’s just me.

1 Like

I’m working on a side project, it’s a school. If you follow my twitter(here) you’ll see tweets of progress once a while.

It all depends on what kinda look you are trying to go for. Like if your game is going to have a cartoonish look or a more realistic type look.

I think your books match the already existing build style of the game perfectly, however the more in-depth look of all the differently labeled books really adds a lot of variety.

Hope you come to a consensus soon, good luck!

1 Like

Your books look more simplistic and have a better aesthetic feel to it.

1 Like

Thank you all for answering my poll. I’ve decided to go with my books. The majority chose my books instead of Roblox book meshes(with texture).

Results
My books 71%
Roblox book meshes(with texture) 29%

51 voters

1 Like