Which causes more lag? Decals or meshparts?

19de456022c2f8230fc59bfbc46c2fab

On the left I’m using a decal (206 bytes, heavily compressed I know, still looks decent) and on the right I’m using two meshparts. (The white indicator lines)

I feel like it’s a dumb question but I don’t know the answer, should I be using the decal or using the meshparts? Meshparts have CanCollide off and their collision set to Box.

1 Like

Question, what exactly is everything made of. So for the left cone, is it a mesh for the base, a cylinder, and a decal, and for the right one is the base a mesh, and then two cylinder meshes to make the stripes and such?

1 Like

Yes you’re correct, everything is made of meshparts, they all have the same Mesh ID.

(Besides the decals on the left, 4 decals on each side so the lines go all the way around)

1 Like

Since you are already using mesh parts I would suggest just having the entire model being a single mesh part, and either using vertex painting or UV mapping with a very small texture being used for the mesh part.

2 Likes

Idk how to UV map at all, for a short term solution, are decals or meshparts better?

1 Like

Mesh parts would be better without UV mapping.

1 Like

Mesh parts. You can’t Union CGS Items. Decals are just the Texture of a Part or Mesh

2 Likes