Which Enemy Design?

Hey! I am working on a new game (cannot reveal details until later in development), the name is Blocky and it is an enemy model, I would like some feedback on whether you think the blocky model looks good or not with this screenshot I took within studio (the blur effect was done in photoshop)

Here is a new image with a clear view of Blocky now (on the right), I would also like to know if anyone likes the new blocky model I’ve come up with (on the left). Tell me which one you like better that I should use!

2 Likes

its super blurry so its hard to see but maybe longer more wavey limbs and depending on the walk animation longer legs

2 Likes

Just like what he said, its quite hard to see the enemy due to the blurring effect, plus it is a little too dark to see some details. So I can’t give proper feedback unless if there is a more clear image of the character.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll post a picture with no blur, but his arms and legs are separated into 5 joints so they can be animated like tentacles when appropriate so he doesn’t have any stiff movements

There’s blur and I can’t see the details of Blocky.

1 Like

Just uploaded a clear image of blocky with a potential new model, tell me which one you like more and what you would like to be seen done with your favorite to make it better!

Ok, this photo is much more better. I like the one on the left because of the horns and the red eyes. Very unique. Although the one on the right is one I’m not a fan of. Because of the decal placed on his belly. But the model looks well made. But if I were to choose either one, I would go for the one on the left, it looks more menacing.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m building the map for Chapter 1 right now, it’s going to be a darkened atmosphere with fog in certain parts of it to start off the story of blocky.

1 Like

I’d have to agree that I prefer the design on the left. The one on the right just looks kind of silly to me. It almost feels like a blocky version of Mike Wazowski with a few differences, whereas the one on the left is much more ominous and creepy. The fact that only the two red eyes are glowing also helps make it much creepier than the one on the right.