Which Game Icon Looks Best?

Heyo! Soaring back at it again haha. SO… This time, I have made a difficulty chart obby, I need feedback on the art that I have made. this is for the icon, please just let me know which one looks best!

Keep in mind all of these were made within 5 minutes in paint.net with no plugins so they might be bad

WHAT ABT THIS SDCOSDCO GOOD ONE

7 Likes

but you should put one of the polls on your post, much easier than replying traditionally like this

5 Likes

I’d say the first one. The text is more effective because of the darker background.

1 Like

Ah ok, I still dont know how to do that, so its fine haha thanks for feedback, I thought so too

Since @SoaringDean doesn’t know how to make a poll I made one! :smile:

Which one looks the best?

0 voters

3 Likes

@foodislife345678, how do you know they don’t know how to make a poll, but they just didn’t think to make one?

Also, to answer your question, I prefer #2, because you are making the text stand out. The goal of the logo should be to convey the title and what the game is going to be about. I can actually see the text at a first glance, which is what you are going for in your logo, and especially for difficulty chart logos.

Hope this helped!

1 Like

@System502 They said they dont know how to make one.

1 Like

Ah, apologies! Just it looked a bit rude, and I had missed that detail.

1 Like

It’s fine! We all make mistakes sometimes.:smile:

I like the 3rd one. It looks more clean in my opion.

1 Like

I think it’s obvious it’s #2 the other ones aren’t readable lol

Oh yeah for reference, with #2 and #3 I didn’t even notice they had white borders, I only realized it on accident, it’s hard to see with the white background DevForum has. I actually think 2 or 3 arent as bad if you have that white border

1 Like

Personally, they look so similar that it probably won’t matter which one you use. But #2 is best.

Definitely the 2nd one. As it looks attractive according to the background.

Did you try it with more font styles? :thinking:
I’m sure it would look more good with different font styles like Luckiest Guy , Cartoonist Kooky etc.

First of all, for PDN images, I think these actually look really great. Good job with your work!

If you’re going to use them for a game icon, I would suggest the second one - it is the most readable, and if it’s going to be used as the game icon, it will often be displayed pretty small, especially on mobile, so making sure you can read any text it has is important.
One suggestion I would make though is to maybe cut down on a few of the background images you have - I would try to limit it to three or so, that way it is easier to see them (again, especially if it is going to be an icon, where it would be displayed smaller).

Hope this helps!

Edit: maybe add the darker border from #1 onto #2 as well, but keep it to the square outline and see how that looks? Just a thought.

I choose the 1st one because it looks nice while the the words on the second one is too dark and the words looks faded in the last image.