Which game icon should I use?

A few days ago, @Mysterious8805 kindly made an awesome game thumbnail for me. In fact, it was so great that I decided to edit it into a couple game icons (with permission of course) I couldn’t decide exactly what I wanted it to look like so I made two.

Icon 1

Icon 2

Which one do you think is better?

• Icon 1
  • Icon 2

0 voters

EDIT
Icon 1 was the clear winner but now I ask a new question.

Does icon 1 seem good enough, or do I need to have something different?

• Use Icon 1
  • Make something else (reply below if you have ideas)

0 voters

5 Likes

It looks like icon 1 is the favorite so far

1 Like

I don’t know if this was caused by the uploading but the image is low quality and blurry

2 Likes

These weren’t individual renders, they are sections from a singled GFX so that’s probably why they are a little blurry. I don’t think it matters that much as they are just game icons, nobody is gonna see them up close.

1 Like

Well that’s the thing on the ROBLOX site it might look even more blurry speaking from experience.

It would probably be better if you just make your own render at this point, and do your own GFX.

1 Like

Um yo i could just make u a icon lol, dont worry

2 Likes

Or that would be a good choice too! Lol.

bc i will do this lol for icon

1 Like

They aren’t necessarily bad but I don’t think you should use either. It’s hard to tell what’s going on from the icon or what game this might be. Your game’s icon is very important as it’s all a user sees as it scrolls by every other game so you really want it to catch their attention. I’m not sure either of these will do that as it’s really hard to tell what the game’s about from this.

4 Likes

Like Complicated said here make sure you get a GFX that shows clearly what is happening and what you do in the game. If players are looking for a game they’re going to be looking for one most likely unconsciously that has the best icon or pops out to them.

1 Like

Icon 1. There’s too little going on in Icon 2.

1 Like

If you want to make an icon for me then by all means but I know that you have other projects that you’re working on.

Thanks for your input. What do you suggest should be in the thumbnail for a spleef game?

This is the thumbnail for the most popular spleef game I can find.
Screenshot 2022-03-27 160315
It explains the game (sorta) but isn’t quality at all so I don’t exactly know what a good spleef game icon should be :thinking:

This doesn’t really look like a render; it looks like a screenshot in-game. Overall, it does describe partially of what you’ll be doing in-game.

1 Like

So do you think I should create (or hire @Mysterious8805) to create something similar to this
Screenshot 2022-03-27 160315
but higher quality?

Definitely should try doing it yourself! Look at some YouTube stuff, maybe download a rig, and blender. Then just play around until you get something you want. Expand your mindset on developing and learn something new!

1 Like