Which genre game would you like to see?

So I’m getting ready to start a new game and I figured it may be a good idea to actually gather some data prior to spending months on a game for it to “bust” because no one really wants to play it. If you could just vote which genre game you’d prefer to see then it would help me out a lot. If you have a genre that is not listed or you want to expand on your choice, just leave a comment!

• Exploration/Open World
  • Simulator
  • Tycoon/Obby
  • Murderer
  • Minigame
  • Racing
  • Roleplay
  • FPS/Fighting

0 voters

2 Likes

I feel like roblox doesnt have a lot of like game show type games.

1 Like

I honestly think open world would be the most popular, hence many popular games that use open world, example: dungeon quest.

1 Like

why stop there? most of the most popular games of all time have open world elements, gtav, skyrim, etc, etc, humans seem to be very intrigued by exploration .

1 Like

Open-Worlds are preferred for MMO’s, but Roblox limited the max.Player-Count on 100 per place.
The big disadvantage is that players never fill the whole world, only several spots, mostly 1-10% of the game.
Think about what that to a dev mean. You working days&night, weeks and months to build your gamers a nice big world and they paying it to you with an average-use of max.10%?
If you can handle that, good to you. But if you feel disappointed, then don’t do it.

Go with places, make limited worlds. Still MMO, but with a fairly average-map-use.
There is a reason why dev-teams(!) working on MMOs and not single-devs. :wink:

btw. Tycoon and Obby? O.o
How that going together? ^^
Forget button/typical tycoons, make a good ‘economy/business-simulator’; not at all realistic, but plausible. Jump out of the mass!

1 Like

For the “Tycoon/Simulator” I was more trying to see if people still wanted to see more/newer “classic” Roblox games. And Roblox released a newer feature (it may be Beta only still, I’m not sure) that allows developers to have 200 player servers. This could be a performance nightmare, but much better for a large, open map.

The psychology behind open-world games and how the human brain works are what makes them very intriguing.

1 Like

But if you use places, you can raise up the players-count with a good player-allocation.
So instead of one giant open-world-map with only max-players, you can have several places with that amount at same time.
When I browse the today MMO-Markets, Arena-Games (WoT, LoL, Fortnite etc) holds the top-ranks.
The WoW-MMORPG-Times are already gone. ‘Multiplace-Games’ seems to be popular.^^

1 Like

This data would only help you if your target audience was developers though…

I also have a strawpoll running in some Discord communities and the results are largely the same, I just wanted to gather the opinions of as many people as possible.

1 Like