Which GFX is better?

So I created two GFX’s as a pfp for my socials. Which one is better? Why?

• First
  • Second

0 voters

1 Like

… I just don’t know which one to choose, they’re both fine in their own ways…

Actually I guess the first one, as it has more detail, and would fit almost anything as a foreground.

2 Likes

Both of them are alright, but the first one is definitely better. Here are my pro and cons on both. I hope this helps you make an even better profile picture to flex with!
1st:
PROS

• The camera perspective is much better than the second. It shows you being triumphant or just looking forward.
  • The rig is much more expressive than the second one. There’s more to look at and so a more interesting pose.
  • I like the bump and folds you added to the clothes. I never learned how to do that even if there are tutorials. Maybe I should get going.

CONS

• The tie and some of the folds near the collar aren’t done very well. They don’t look very realistic and it feels more like the color being seamed into the cloth instead of them being separate objects.
  • Your avatar just looks plain. I don’t know how else to describe it. Maybe you can add some things to the scene or just create a new avatar? Just doesn’t look the most interesting.

2nd:
PROS

• The softer, yellow light brings a feeling of comfort.
  • Again, more bump and folds on the clothes, good job.

CONS

• I can see you went for a more softer light, something McDonalds has. For this case, I do not recommend it as there is no scene or background. It’s like the character is looking at an imaginary sunset which we cannot see. How dare us not give the view >:(((((
  • The rig is kind of stiff and unexpressive. Your first profile has the advantage of a better camera angle and a more expressive rig. What you did here makes the mood less effective.
  • The camera angle is worse than the 1st. I suggest picking the camera angle that is the most expressive, interesting, and surprising.
  • Same cons as the first.

In summary, good work on the second but more good work on the first. I can see you quickly improving to new levels!

EXTRA SUGGESTIONS

• Learn some lighting techniques such as HDRIs and Rim Lighting. Those are some basic ones and it makes some scenes look much better. It just elevates it to a new level!
  • Start adding backgrounds. The second one would have definitely swayed the vote if it had good scenery.
  • I can barely see the body, but that’s fine for these profile pictures as they aren’t always full body portraits. For a thumbnail or icon however, I suggest exposing the lower torso and sometimes the legs.

I hope I have helped you with this feedback and have allowed you to adjust your profiles to even better levels : )
Good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback and spending the time to type it out :sweat_smile:. I certainly enjoyed reading it! I will look into the lighting and I’ll start making icons and thumbnails like you suggested, thanks

Both are very lovely but the first one would be able to fit more variety since its lighting is brighter!

1 Like

I like the shading more on the second one, but you need a environment for your character.

That’s all, good renders btw

1 Like