Which of these themes should I use for an RTS?

I am thinking of making a war RTS, but I am debating which war to use as the theme:

-Revolutionary War. This will not represent either side as the “bad guys” per say, but just as different teams you can play as.

-World War II. This would have no refrences to civilan massacres nor atrocities. Nor will they be making any indirect references to events that would be considered “war crimes”

If you have ideas for other wars I could use, tell me below. Else, participate in this poll (and preferably show your reasons).

• Revolutinary War
  • World War II

0 voters

2 Likes

World War II tends to be a more dynamic subject to work with. What happened was awful, however then it comes to game content, the technology, weaponry, and complexity of battle is a LOT BETTER. You will find yourself bending reality more if you choose the revolutionary war.

I am guessing that the reason the poll favored the revolutionary war is because that is the war people are familiar with. However I would like to remind you that Roblox is international, and the revolutionary war is local to America (while World War II is international). If you want to appeal to a much larger audience, I would go with World War II.

Nothing will top the popularity of WWII, also (I believe) the flexibility WWII would yield in terms of units/buildngs/teams/maps. Among many other things to keep in mind in the development of the game(monetization, animations, effects).

Revolutionary War would be more interesting to see though, I think. WWII is always done.

2 Likes

Honesly the choice is fully up to your creativity. But yeah, WW II probably has more interesting mechanics to make. Though revolutionary war would be nice as well. Anyway, both options have their upsides and downsides.

Speaking of other war ideas, you can also make some sort of medieval war or maybe even a science-fiction war from the future.