Which one is better

Helllo! I am currently working on a system for my game. I have two versions, one with particles and one without. I am stuck inbetween which is better though.
(958.2 KB)

3 Likes

I like the particles.

But, there is a disconnect visually.

The effect is blocky and yellow but the balls that hit the other player are smooth, white orbs.

Also, it is not clear the other player is being hit. Maybe make the blocky effect on the hit player also, but make it more of an instant explosion instead of a slow build…

4 Likes

Both of these look good, the one with particles looks better in my opinion. Nice job on these animations!

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for the feedback. The rest of the game is going to have the blocky look and the things that come out of the shot are cubes. Ill try make it look more like cubes though and ill also make the impact cubes as mentioned

Thank you! I will apply the feedback given from @mc7oof and reply with the new version when done.

I love the one without particles It gives you more space.

1 Like

Both versions are good, but a suggestion would be that you could choose one that is more optimized for low-end devices. This could be an in-game “compatibility mode” setting.

1 Like

@kyloinky
Thanks for the extra feedback! I toned down the particle and added an impact particle that is less crowded. Ill attach a video when im able to

@zeinbanana882 @From_Fish @agentphilip07 @mc7oof
Alright, im still improving the system but what do you guys think of this?