Which option would lead to more sales for UGC?

Hello developers.

I’m currently looking to advertise a UGC item, but I don’t know which option to pick: sponsorships or user advertisements.

I was looking on the DevForum and I’ve seen other posts talking about the comparison between the two, but none of them mentioned UGC items (only experiences), and most of them used the old sponsorship system instead of the new Ads Manager.

I was just curious if any other UGC creators went through the same experience and were willing to offer their input onto the subject. Do sponsorships work better than user ads, or vice versa?

Thanks! :grinning:

Sponsored ads are probably the way to go however with how UGC has been the past year you can make the best looking item and it still won’t sell. You are lucky to sell anything these days starting out. Ads typically are a waste of money even for a good item it never sells enough to make the money back you spent on the ad. I have made tons of unique items for the catalog and it’s rare anything pops off. It really is based on how the algorithm pushes your UGC to people to determine real sales of the item. It’s a sad truth of the UGC world.

1 Like