Which platform is the best to sponsor on?

I have run into a few confusing issues regarding sponsoring my game since I have no idea which platform is the most profitable out of console,pc,tablet,phone. I have never used the “Sponsored Games ad” so I have no idea which one is the most useful when you plan to sponsor your game for 20K+ R$.

• I did some research with “impressions” and saw that this list is what keeps confusing me whether I will profit or not regarding the best platform.

• 20K Bid on Computer = 4,654,995 (Impressions)

• 20K Bid on Console = 3,453,330 (Impressions)

• 20K Bid on Tablet = 21,900,249 (Impressions)

• 20K Bid on Phone = 45,687,904 (Impressions)

• If anyone is used to this please give me some advice on what I should pick since my game is compatible for all platforms to play.

5 Likes

I don’t have much of a say on this due to me being new to this kind of thing, however it really depends on the game you are sponsoring. With this being said though your best bet is probably to prioritize the desktop platform then mobile then finally console. Well, anyway this is just my opinion. I hope this helped🙂

1 Like

In my experience, mobile devices have been the best for sponsorships. I would probably do 4-5k sponsors on both tablet and phone daily, that is to say, if you are making a good return.

1 Like

@joelbloxx Could you please also describe to us you’re game, maybe some images and some gameplay footage?

I believe console is a horrible idea as most users play on PC or other devices. I would say PC would be the best option if your game is geared toward the older players (10-13+) and mobile for younger players.

However, I could be wrong as I have never done this before.

2 Likes

Console is actually surprisingly effective, which seems counterintuitive. I’ve found it to be actually alright.

3 Likes

It’s a game referred to The Normal Elevator technically but a different game style with different stages happening everytime they pull a lever, we have good gamepasses and dev products ready that will be useful I just wished to know what platform will be most interested in these type of games.

1 Like

But my main objective is basically which platform is the best for profit-wise.

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation, due to it being based off The Normal Elevator I would prioritize sponsoring on mobile. Why sponsor on mobile you ask? This is due to games like what you have described being more directed towards children, in addition to that lots of mobile users enjoy those kinds of games since their younger. But from a 13+ user/player point of view it doesn’t seem appealing hence you should prioritize sponsoring on the mobile platform. I hope this helped🙂

2 Likes

For this, you should bet on mobile devices. I believe this kind of game is great for mobile devices (If you want them to lose battery percentage quickly, but that’s not the point.).

2 Likes

I know this is off-topic but do 13- users not see ads?

Some people have adblockers for younger audiences but it doesn’t block “Sponsored Games”.

2 Likes

@joelbloxx I also recommend making a poll to get a variety of opinions🙂

Although it does depend what type of game you have, it all breaks down to this: mobile users are more likely to join your game, but less likely to buy anything. Meanwhile, PC users are more likely to ignore your game, but more likely to actually have robux and be able to buy something. Of course this is stereotypical and many users break the norm, but this is the standard outline.

1 Like

So doing advertisements on PC is more guaranteed of profit meanwhile tablet,mobile can lead to a problem profiting?

It just depends. PC users have more robux, but that doesn’t mean they will actually click the ad and play the game. Mobile users are more likely to click it, but probably wouldn’t buy anything. If you want immediate profit, go with PC, although this might hurt later. If you choose mobile, your game will become more popular and then if it becomes popular PC users will see it. It will be hard either way. PC = immediate payment but low player count, mobile = higher player count but delayed payment.

5 Likes

Out of curiosity if I did a 20,000 R$ sponsor on a game for mobile users how many players do you think it would get if it was well balanced and much to explore for young audiences.

• 20,000 R$ On Mobile = 45,000,000 Impressions probability.

At least 10,000 joins, and up to 100,000 max

Sponsoring your game is all about the game name and the game icon, since that’s what the players will see, as shown in this picture:

You need to make your game icon attractive, and have an interesting game name. For example, if you just name your game something basic like “Pizza Tycoon” it may not result in a very good CTR, which is the percent of people that see your sponsor and actually click on the sponsor. You need to come up with a unique game name, and don’t just throw in “simulator” or “story” or “tycoon” or anything like that.

Second, sponsoring on phone and tablet tends to bring in less paying users, since mobile players tend to spend less time in-game and are less likely to click on the shop (if you don’t have an in-game shop it’s even worse). Sponsoring on PC has been a good experience for me, it tend to bring back a high CTR even though it doesn’t get as many impressions as mobile does The thing is, sponsoring on mobile tends to bring in a lower CTR even though it gets a lot of impressions, since mobile users tend to “skip over” sponsors because their screen is so small.

Tl;Dr Sponsoring is all dependent on your game name and icon. Sponsoring on PC would be the best choice since it tends to get a higher CTR, players stay longer in-game, and brings in more paying users.

2 Likes

We have a in-game shop with coins that are easy to collect with a lot of gears/items to purchase once you collect enough, it’s a fast buying game that never takes that long.

Will it keep players in some way?