Which thumbnail looks better?

Do you use C4d or blender to make your images. I personally use C4d.

Advertising which games? The games on the PC?

It was made with both Cinema 4D and Photoshop

1 Like

Same programs I use. Good job on it.

Regardless of that fact though, it did get accepted.

Do you still think the 2nd one is better?

Both look nice!

However, from a design perspective, number 1 is easier to engage with. Iā€™d rather see the full screen rather than just the edge of it, which makes me have to guess what itā€™s showing and takes away from the main focus of the image. Additionally, number 2 has very harsh light while I feel like number is more evenly dispersed. That just has to do with the rendering for the most part, though.

Ultimately, Iā€™d probably go with either number 1 or even something where the camera is looking over the computers at the personā€™s excited face with light from the displays illuminating it. I realize that this removes the displays from the equation, but without knowing what the project is I feel like they arenā€™t adding much value anyways (although I could totally be wrong!). Finally, adding some more accenting and slightly warmer colors can make it feel inviting.

Glad it got accepted :smiley:

Think I still prefer the second one, because itā€™s less cluttered.

On the other hand, the first one might look more interesting. The logo quality also seems better. :thinking:

I see, I made this one for Christmas which has more warmer colors and stuffā€¦ Would love to hear your opinion on ā†’

Ah, I see! Haha, thanks for the input. I would love to hear your opinion on the Christmas one though :slight_smile:

I like it! Love the Roblox logo on the back of the computer as well as the mid-bite face :slight_smile: The only notes Iā€™d give are to simplify the keyboard, make sure the computer stand is touching the table (and possibly make the base wider), and slightly desaturate the bright red/green. They feel kind of overpowering. Try adding texture to the window blinds as well.

Yeah, totally agree. Thanks for your input, yet again haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s great, although Iā€™d recommend using the same logo with some modifications rather than using a whole new font style.

A big suggestion I have is to keep your branding consistent, I saw your other post with the icon and thumbnail being different fonts, pick one, and stick with it. You can modify other objects around the singular font for events and holidays.

As for the thumbnails, I prefer the first one, but dislike the extreme background blur, looks like it was added in photoshop and wasnā€™t in the render itself (try and see if you can have a point of focus set in C4D, itā€™s been years since I used it so I canā€™t help there)

The second one is nice, but lacking in my opinion, and the logo is just far too big.

Another thing I notice in the renders is it seems like thereā€™s several different light sources, although it may not be optimal for a thumbnail render to have realistic shadows/light sources, I would give it a shot.

lmao when i saw the first one I for some reason thought it was a real photo

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, will use in the future :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words Steady :laughing:

1 Like

First thumbnail for sure.

Just curiousā€¦ Would there be any issue of having Microsoft Wordā€™s Icon, using OBS on the left monitor, Chrome, Discord, etc basically all your programs and Windows stuff? Like copyright issues whatnot. (I donā€™t think there would be but just curious if anyone knows)

They are quite small logos, I donā€™t think itā€™ll be an issue honestlyā€¦ Nobody looks at those small details, they just look at the overall image.

The first one, for various reasons.
The camera angle is dynamic, and thereā€™s proper lighting on the rendered character. The Rostreams logo is less intrusive and doesnā€™t take out of the thumbnail. Depth of field blur is present which the second one doesnā€™t have. The one thing Iā€™d have for the first thumbnail is have Rostreams in 1 paragraph sentence rather than two.
edit: I also noticed texturing qhich is good attention to detail

1 Like