Which VR game idea is the best idea?

I have 3 game ideas that use VR and I don’t know which is the best one for VR.

1. SFOTH but it’s in VR.
    So this is the one I’m mostly working on. The idea is that it’s SFOTH but in VR and with a story and sandbox mode(due to a limited playerbase). Also, more swords and gameplay that is more optimized for VR.

2. A VR SCP game.
    This is a game that I really want to exist but can’t find anything like it that is released(anywhere). It would be similar to rBreach in gameplay.

3. A social game.
    Most VR games(with descent player counts) in Roblox are social. While I don’t play this type of game, there is tons of people that play this type of game. The idea is that you are in a break room with friends and can talk using chat and mess around with stuff in the room.

So, which one is the best idea.

• SFOTH:VR.
  • SCP game in VR.
  • A social game.

0 voters

8 Likes

I think a SCP game would do way better than any of those games. We already have plenty of games that people socialize in, and not many people like sword fights on the heights much anymore. The Roblox SCP community is huge and I think this game could gain a good bit of traction.

5 Likes

An Scp game would be insane as I own VR and i would love to see that.

4 Likes

Disagree I think a SCP game could totally flop with out professional help here it may gain a bit of traction at first but even targeting the VR market is a difficult thing to do a social game would be the way to go since that’s the most likely to succeed although that’s just my opinion it’s up to you honestly.

3 Likes

I think this SCP VR game would be a better traction towards the 13+ community of roblox. I agree with SCP games taking flops without professional help. I also agree that social games for players below 13 and above 13 would do better, but I would have a feeling some sort of big youtuber would possibly play that SCP VR game and make it gain a ton of traction.

4 Likes

SCP games are generally difficult to do making this in VR however is even harder VR players don’t tend to go for this type of games we should for sure expand their options but at the same time a SCP game could easily not work out during development or upon release due to it being such a tiny market

2 Likes

If the owner was on a small budget then a social game is recommended, but if they have a large budget they could possibly have a large outcome of players and profit possibly. (Corrected)

2 Likes

Budget doesn’t matter here at all that’s not the issue the game could be made but by making it exclusively VR you will most likely pull the same amount of player’s as Trade Hangout Weekly the market itself is not going to take this and I also want to touch on the controls for this making this game without any bugs will also be a massive problem if we want to expand VR player’s options we do it slowly by introducing new options that are more doable then just making a SCP game straight away, even if this game did have a huge budget the creator will not profit even with all the game passes in the world it’s just like putting 100k into something knowing you will only get 10k back.

5 Likes

I can’t really argue with that.

4 Likes

If the owner was on a small budget then a social game is recommended

I have the amazing budget of 38 Robux.

4 Likes

I won’t comment on the game design idea, I would remind you that Roblox VR, especially physics…leaves some to be desired.

1 Like

Yes but it’s not profitable the VR market is not profitable in general you would be putting so much effort into a game that just wont make up for all the money and time you spent on it

2 Likes

As a VR user, an SCP game would be amazing, as I only know one SCP VR game outside of ROBLOX. A social game would seem nice, but games like VR Draw and GRP already have the ‘social part’

1 Like

Could you explain me what is SFOTH and rBreach? Both things are games? I would like to give an opinion :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Without in depth explanation, I really think that a social game would work best. Although, depending on how it worked, an SCP game in VR can work. There is SCP: Blackout which is a VR SCP game that makes it work, but there are definetly a lot of complexities that are brought up with development of VR games, so you would have to keep that in mind since most SCP games are very unlinear.

I don’t believe that a SFOTH game would work all that well. The map would add a lot of interesting design to a VR game, but I just don’t know if there are enough people that play Roblox VR to gain an all VR audience, which brings up the complication of competetive games between VR and non-VR players. VR is more immersive, but also much harder to do some things that would otherwise be considerably simple with a keyboard and mouse.

1 Like

SFOTH is a abbreviation of Sword Fights on the Heights, a classic swordfighting game on Roblox created by Shedletsky.
https://www.roblox.com/games/47324/Sword-Fights-on-the-Heights-IV
rBreach is a SCP(i.e horror) and FPS game on Roblox that has multiple teams and SCPs(enemies).
https://www.roblox.com/games/2622527242/SCP-rBreach-Proxy-Chat?refPageId=351b03b2-90ee-49d3-876b-1855224293b9

1 Like

I estimate based on personal experiences that there is ~100-250 people in Roblox VR concurrently during peak hours. I would need information from Roblox/major Roblox VR developers to get a better estimate, but there is a lot more people in VR than most people think. It’s not a lot however, but it’s a start. I also theorize that VR is going to skyrocket in the near future(1-2 years), due to many reasons.

2 Likes

I really agree that VR is a Viable platform for Roblox games, albeit not as big as other platforms. I also do agree that VR will grow by a large amount.
Although, with some of the design issues brought from VR, its an issue that there isn’t really any viable way to make a game VR only, meaning there would be people from other platforms as well that would have advantages on VR players.
Unless Roblox adds a VR option for what platforms games are accessible on (not sure how that would even work), I don’t know if a skill based game is the best idea.

1 Like

Nice, I would like to see a SFOTH VR game, maybe with the theme of a SCP game.

1 Like

I feel like an SCP VR game would be the best choice. A social game I feel like would get boring very quickly to people, and Sword Fight on the Heights is a fun game, in my opinion, but not very many people play it. And an SCP game would probably get a lot of popularity since a lot of people seem to enjoy the SCP games Roblox has. Also from what it seems like, the Roblox community has A LOT of horror fans.

1 Like