White lines around parts

I am trying to make seamless surface appearances (tiles) so I can make a cool earth map, but as the image below shows, there are white lines around the tiles which are absolutely killing me.

EDIT: Because somebody messaged me, no, I am not selling this map.

Before I used image decals to fix this issue, but now that I need to use the surface appearances, I need some other form of solution.

If anybody knows how to fix this, please help me!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s the image you have uploaded for your Texture or Decal.
Try going into the image and removing a couple pixels from the edges to see if that helps.

Or is each tile a Part? Then the Texture or Decal image issue may not be a factor. It could be the alignment of your tiles (Position or Orientation). If so how big is each tile?

2 Likes
  1. The tiles are not textures/decals, they are SurfaceAppearances.

2. Each picture has different resolution, the normal map is 1024x512, the displacement map is 2700x1350, same for the color map.

3. Each part is 8.5, 1, 4.65 in size.

4. I cannot remove the pixels on the sides or it would look wrong.

1 Like

Ah, what if you made all the images the same resolution?

2 Likes

That would ruin the detail of the map, so I can’t really do that. I also don’t want to reupload 192 images. A picture of the original map is linked below

2 Likes

For some reason the original map works completely fine here, even though everything is exactly the same. if I remove the normal/displacement filter its still broken. The original map uses a SurfaceGUI with an image, but when I tried to use a decal the first time 'round it had the same issue with the lines.

1 Like

you could try unioning the parts but that might lag more

1 Like

That doesn’t work for EXTREMELY obvious reasons, including MeshParts cannot be unioned

2 Likes

i didn’t know they were meshparts

1 Like

Ah, sorry. The union would defeat the purpose anyways because of ROBLOX’s resolution limit (and no surface appearances on parts)

2 Likes

well, good luck with your game

1 Like

Tried stacking and moving parts, everything in the book. No fix. It seems to be related to the image (decal), as using a SurfaceGUI fixes all my problems. But I do need the SurfaceAppearance.

1 Like

I don’t know if this applies at all for surface appearances, but lines for decals can be fixed by messing with the alpha layer using Pixelfix

How feasible would it be to make a reproduction place with an unrelated mesh/surface appearance so others can play around with it?

Maybe, but I don’t want to reupload 192 images ;-;

If you read post 5 and 6 it explains how I got around this issue in the past

This was the solution after all!