Whole server connection loss

My game has is set to have 40 player servers and I have one full server. It ran for around 40 minutes until everyone got the classic, “You’ve lost connection to the game” message. I have noticed this with lots of other games such as Call of Robloxia 5. I also noticed on the last Next Level when all the admins were playing the recreation of the Roblox HQ, the server kept losing connection, which is the same thing that is happening to me. My only reproduction is filling up a large player server and waiting a bit as no errors have arisen.

1 Like

Happens with my game too. I have my limit set to 45 and around 40 players makes the game start dying after a while.

I’ve been to games with 50-player-servers that never crash, so I wonder what the issue is. My guess is that some scripting-related feature is unable to handle the load of players? Maybe even :GetPlayers()? Unless, your game/that Roblox HQ you’re talking about didn’t have any scripts.

If it is because of a scripting-related feature (please let me know if those places had scripts in them) anyone up for compiling a bank of places that crash so we can look through them and see what the similarities are? Maybe even just start removing features from a game and see when it stops crashing?

I do have :GetPlayers() in my game and it actually seems to stop working after a large amount of people are playing so this could be a culprit but not sure.

1 Like

I noticed this is quite random. I have 3 servers of 40 players in my game right now. Randomly after around 20 minutes, one of the servers randomly crashed with no errors. I think this is a problem on Roblox’s end or the people hosting the servers.

Are any of those places that crash scriptless?

I’m pretty sure the Roblox HQ one is. But this is happening to almost every game with large servers, so I don’t think it’s just script based.

Happened in a 30-player-server(full). Used :LoadCharacter() on everyone to respawn them all, so maybe that presented an issue?

1 Like

I joined my game when there was 29 players in it, so I was the 30th. Instantly when I joined, everyone lost connection. I think it happens to servers over 30 players due to heavy load or something.

This happened to me while playing Quenty’s Whatever Floats Your Boat game very frequently when it was ultra popular. However, the twist is that it was always at the end of a round. It didn’t dc at the end of every round, but when it did, it was at the end. He has made changes to his game, but I don’t know if he found what was causing it. Either way, it no longer happens at his game. I asked him about it a few days ago and he hasn’t responded yet.

1 Like

This happened to me while at my game. It’s about the 3rd time it has happened. Keep in mind, my game had only 16 players.

Closing this out since it was bumped, please file new bug reports for new issues