Why are "dating and shipping images" not allowed?

I still have this warning I got for a decal in like 2017 (and yes back when Sonic Forces was the rage):

According to this help article, “Roblox is not a dating website, we do not allow the posting of images where there is any hint of a romantic relationship.”

Why? How would a romance of NPCs in a game inspire players to try out love? Yet I remember the 2018 Easter Egg Hunt had 2 NPCs who mentioned being a couple, and there are still plenty of shipping images in the Library. Oh, and a plenty of APM Music songs are about romance, such as this.

I just want the answer to the question.

I believe it has something to do with COPPA. With Roblox being a service directed towards children (although older individuals do use the platform) this act must definitely be followed. If it is a Roblox rule specifically, feel free to correct me, but many of the online protection rules will likely fall under COPPA.

1 Like

Its not that it will influence kids to date, its that they don’t want kids to be exposed to that in general. Roblox is very careful about what they want on the website, because they don’t want any negative attention because of something a kid saw ingame that they failed to moderate.

Besides the fact that this site is actively advertised to children under the age 13, and the fact that they must follow COPPA guidelines, ROBLOX as generally made a push towards making the community a safer place for younger users, and as a result of that, unfortunately, they had to kill off some features older players tended to enjoy. This is apparent with the removal of the forums, and lack of support for war clans over the last few years. Which is completely understandable.

Those types of content needed to be removed or limited for parents to feel as if this site is a “safe-space” and for Roblox to follow the regulations set before them.