Why are my game stats so bad?

Hello everyone,

I have been working on this game for like a month now, and ive done two 6k sponsors which both had great CTR, but the playtime is 5 minutes and 4% Day 1 Retention (Terrible) . Id be very happy if I could get some feedback on the game, if its just boring, laggy, too hard, etc… Thanks!

A few specific questions:

• Is gameplay fun?
  • Thoughts on UI?
  • And ofc, why do you think the stats are so bad?

Link: 🐰 Obby But You're A Bunny! - Roblox

• To be honest, gameplay was addicting, It had really easy controls, so it was fun
  • I think UIs are not so bad, they have good images and matching color.
  • I think it is bad because these games are so common currently, As you can see, there are other games like bike obby, or other obbies, so there’s no reason for players to choose your game instead of famous obbies, It’s because, maybe they have good stats at the more famous games (famous = more playing)

it was fun ( addicting ), I am not sure why it would have bad stats tbh

1 Like

ah, well yeah Im aware theres competition so we have double jump. But either way theres millions of obbies on roblox and people still play the not so known ones.

True, so that was why I couldn’t think of any reason why your game’s stat is bad, your game is good

1 Like

The gameplay is alright, I really didn’t see anything “new” to the table. The bunny moves extremely similarly to a default Roblox character, making it hard to come back.

UI is a little oversaturated in my opinion. Its oversaturated for a reason ofc, It looks, really, really, really clean. But just look at your game UI compared to others:

All of these games use the same Fredoka One font, rounded corners, progress bars, etc. And you can see the similarities between yours and the second one, “Obby but You’re on a Bike” Simple levels with the same checkered texture.

Overall, your game stats are bad because you made a game with the same generic stuff like the other ones. Not to mention, and listen closely because this is my biggest point. Obbies rise and fall, REALLY FAST. Look back at the third image, that game is called “Obby but you’re a ball”. It’s been out for a year at this point and has made a whopping 40 million visits. Must have a big player base right?
25 active players, say it with me, twenty-five

Obbies die fast because the same formula has been done over and over and over again. Which is a shame because this game was one of the most creative obbies I have seen in years. I even beat it! Which was no easy task. Once the next big thing came, its player base left.

So yeah, be more creative with the levels, your bunnies move set, and get rid of the microtransaction crap, like the “troll” game pass or whatever. The levels are really easy with no real incline of difficulty in my opinion.

You should take a look at Obby but you’re a ball for inspiration, to give more ideas.

Also, this isn’t THE ONLY good obby I’ve seen. There’re are plenty of other cool ones.

2 Likes
  • The bunny movenets I believe are fine, money succesful and similar games have gotten away with this.
  • feel like the UI is fine tho? I dont know what id change. It seems simple and efficient.
  • Now, my main point that I want to tell you now is that it doesnt matter how unoriginal a game is, theres always room for succes. Take a look at how many Fun Obbies, TOH copies, DCOs have gottten million of visits. And my game isnt even that unoriginal at all.
  • To Your last point on how they grow fast, its true but unrelated since my game hasnt even taken off yet.
  • I will be improving the stages and making it get actually harder, so thanks for that.
1 Like