Why are my models gray in blender with no textures?

Hello there Tank here and im gonna need some help on why my models are gray and aren’t showing any textures on them. and i colored them in Vertex painting as well. here are some photos that i provided down bellow.

Hammer with no textures

Hammer with Textures in vertex painting

Contact me on discord Tank#2911

You can view the colors in texture paint

You need to connect the textures in the nodes

Go Into the shading tab and hit shift+a then select texture/image texture
04%20PM
Then select the texture at the left corner icon
17%20PM
Connect the color node to the base color

That should be it!

1 Like

Okay i translated these steps into blender 2.8 an than this happened… there was no textures when i tried to look for textures how did you get your textures? (Vertex paint, image from file?) and here is a full screen picture of what it looks like

Have you saved the texture before you have exited out of it? If not, the file is lost. (Also, my directions were in 2.8)

Im not sure what textures exactly but all i have is ther vertex paint painted on it(Also my bad)

Did you click this button after you made the texture

No, i did not make a texture, i used vertex painting

which im not even sure if its a texture i just painted it with color, but when i go into object mode it doesn’t show the colors it’s just a gray color

Does this help?
https://streamable.com/e5uc2

actually yeah! omg thanks for the help! that gif was so simple and so easy to follow! thanks for the wonderful help!! and it was only like a few seconds long, and instead of choosing textures i chose Vertex and it actually showed the colors! thanks a bunch. i will mark yours as the solutions just in case if anyone has the same problem.