Why are release notes locked to Regulars?

Hello. I’ve only now noticed that replying in #updates:release-notes is locked only to regulars. Why though?
If something so holy like creating topics in #discussion was unlocked to members, I don’t see any reason for release notes’ replies to be locked.

3 Likes

It’s so the comments won’t be filled with

wow I like it
30 CHARSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

or

OMG Roblox this is so cool!
30char30char30char

and have actual feedback in it. Engineers go through it to see if anyone is possibly reporting any bugs to the updates on top of checking #platform-feedback

4 Likes

But this is the case in #updates:announcements. So what is the special case here?

but this happens for #updates:announcements as well so what is different

Release notes won’t ever have things like announcing Monstercat partnerships. That’s why it’s more important for release notes to be protected.

But an update is still an update, hence why #updates:release-notes is in #updates, so that doesn’t really answer the question

The real reason is that it’s just a legacy feature, not whatever people are saying above. Engineers go through platform feedback, replies to announcements they’ve posted, and sometimes release notes.

Release notes have always been this way since the forum was fully private and nobody changed anything since then, that’s why it’s still locked to TL2.

Thanks for the suggestion.

5 Likes