Dialogs don't work in first person!

Dialog instances cannot be activated in first person by clicking. This is not documented or expected behaviour.

Reproduction Steps

Create a part
Insert a Dialog instance into the part with an arbitrary InitialPrompt
When playing, zoom the camera into first person and attempt to interact with the dialog.

Expected Behaviour

The dialog should trigger with the provided InitialPrompt.

Actual Behaviour

The dialog does not respond to clicking. This happens both in studio and in-game.

Example Place:
https://www.roblox.com/games/18355210153/Test-place

Repro file:
DialogPlace.rbxl (53.0 KB)

System Information
12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12650H, 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Hi, we’re looking into this issue and found we’re unable to repro. See videos attached. Seems like it works both in studio and in-game with first person view. Do you have more info about the repro step? Any customized settings or sth? Thanks!

It seems that I am now only able to repro the bug at specific angles. I’ve updated the test game to have a higher dialog that I can consistently encounter the bug in: Test place - Roblox

1 Like

Thanks for providing the details! We’ve successfully addressed the reported issue. Please check on your end and confirm if the problem is now resolved. Feel free to reach out if you are still experiencing the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.