Why can't I animate a custom made model?

I want to animate an animal but the animation editor will not let me. I used a plugin to recreated the skeleton of a dummy, but with the look of an animal. Why cant I animate it?

1 Like

Have you actually rigged the character? That’s usually the cause of these problems.

What do you mean. I used the plugin “Edit Rig Lite” to add motor6D’s to it and hook it together like a roblox dummy rig.

Is the main part of the group is the humanoid root part?

Do you mean the primary part? No. I believe that I did not add a primary part. Could that be it?

That’s probably the thing that’s stopping you, tell me if you have more problems.

Just tried it. Nope. does not work.

I think this should help:

2 Likes

Are you getting any errors or does it simply not bring up a Gui?

And i can see you aldready animated this rig before, because of the AnimSaves group. Did you do it when it was still a default character, or did it work before and now it doesnt let you? Because i don’t know any other way you can get that without using the animation tool.

I tried to animate it as an animal

I think it might be because the motor 6d parents aren’t correct.
Try putting the neck in head, the left hip in left leg, the left shoulder in left arm, etc…

I put them in the correct places based on a dummy. I also named them the same.

Oh, yes, sorry, I thought it was an r15 :sweat_smile:.
In that case, you should make sure that the attachment properties on the motor6d are correct. I’ve read somewhere that if you move the arms/limbs/head, the motor6d attachments will break

I don’t think you’re even using an animation plugin. There’s one already installed with roblox. Choose the plugin with this icon image

I was using that plugin. I simply closed it off for the image.