Why can't I change the transparency of the text window on TextChatService?

Hey everyone! I’m trying to recreate the classic chat color palette on Roblox’s new TextChatService UI!

5a14511a00e95d8523a3cc65511dd50f63829ac2

To get that feel, I was attempting to change the transparency of the text chat window. But it seems to always be at full opacity. I’m also getting this for the chat input bar. :disappointed:
Screenshot 2024-03-05 155211
Screenshot 2024-03-05 155154

Thanks for reading! :smile:

It is a setting that controls the BackGroundTransparency on things, because it’s CoreGUI, it’s forced to say on that setting’s transparency number. You can’t change it.

I’m pretty sure you can see the setting’s number (read only, cannot change) through GuiService!

Move this to #help-and-feedback:art-design-support and mark me as the solution!

Asking to get marked as a solution is kinda crazy, especially cause this isnt even true lol

You can just change BackgroundTransparency on the ChatWindowConfiguration, not sure why its not working for OP though. You can change it with a script too, maybe try that?

Tried it with a script, still doesn’t work.

I’m very sure you can’t change/script it. You can only get the number.

I think it’s pretty weird theres a specific property/setting to change the BackgroundTransparency and it does nothing.

I accidently said the wrong setting, it “PerferredTransparency” and you’re unable to change it.

You can only retreive / get it

I was talking about this.

You might be onto something though, if you have preferred transparency set to 0 then that property does not work

OP tried to change that in his original post, so it’s likely due to OPs PreferredTransparency being low

Because it’s CoreGUI, it automatically would be set to the players PreferredTransparency

Try to play around with it to see

Yeah you’re right, I forgot that feature existed. Thanks! :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.