Why can't I use the move tool or the rotate tool in Roblox Studio?

So I’ve been trying to build a game as a joke. Everything was going well right? But now I can’t rotate with the rotating tool or the move tool. The only thing I can use is select. What should I do? I can’t upload the video to Devforum so here’s the link: - YouTube

5 Likes

First, try restarting Studio. If it doesn’t work, reset any Studio settings and Beta features you have changed.

2 Likes

I tried that last night, I think I’m going to try to restart my computer after resetting the beta features. Thanks!

3 Likes

My first build I ran into this. The build too and rotate tool will not work if it is colliding to another surface. To avoid this u can turn can collide off or get this building tool that makes it easier to build because of the collision.

tool:
https://www.roblox.com/library/144950355/Building-Tools-by-F3X-Plugin?Category=Plugins&SortType=MostFavorited&SortAggregation=AllTime&SearchKeyword=f3x&CreatorId=0&Page=1&Position=1&SearchId=b2d4845c-fe57-4b19-a08b-cc45f411964d

4 Likes

That’s not his issue, I can see that Collisions are off.

3 Likes

What is the move size? if it is high it won’t work.

3 Likes

1 stud for moving and 15 degrees for rotation.

3 Likes

Try turning off constraints next to transform.
Screenshot_2491

5 Likes

I had the exact same problem! You gotta do the following:

-Turn collision off (in models)
-Turn constraints off (in models)
-Turn Join surfaces on, if it wasn’t on already (in models)

After follow these steps, you should be able to move and rotate stuff again!
Good luck

2 Likes

Try turning off constraints and then playing around with it then it should work again.

1 Like

@SecretAgentSpyLady Was this your solution?

1 Like

Collisions have nothing to do with this. It simply represents whether or not parts can go into each other. The issue was constraints.

You should think, but it did work for me tho.

@SecretAgentSpyLady If it is please mark it so people know this has been solved.

1 Like

idk how?? im sorry it has been open for so long