Why certain assets aren't loading in?

I am not sure if this is the right place, but this doesn’t go into Building Support either.

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want all textures and objects to load properly with no issues.

2. What is the issue?
    Recently, I have been watching YouTube videos on my game and I have noticed certain users who are playing my game with some assets that ain’t loading at all. Trees miss their leaves, rocks miss their textures, and sometimes sounds do not even load in.
    The leaves of the trees are UnionOperations and are not visible, the rocks are completely white and I used MaterialVariant for the texture (this issue wasn’t happening before with the actual Texture instance), and finally, sounds do not play sometimes probably because they failed to load in.

3. What solutions have you thought of so far?
    I expect everything to load in properly or at least for Roblox to warn the user that some assets didn’t load in because of certain issues. I suspect that probably those devices don’t have enough memory to run the game itself and Roblox doesn’t load in those assets, but I don’t know if this is the actual cause.

The following image shows a picture of some trees without leaves and I also just noticed an image didn’t load on the green button at the top:

Have any of you experienced this problem and if so how did you fix it?

1 Like

UnionOperation is not reliable. Switching to mesh parts will fix the problem.

I understand they are a bit unreliable in certain situations and I wonder why is that…

Apart from the UnionOperation, some sounds and textures do not appear to load either in specific devices.

What type of devices do they not load in?

Since Roblox doesn’t provide developers a way to see on which device this person played, I can just come to the conclusion that it probably happens on low-end devices. Mainly because when I get a report (which is rare noting that my game is small) from users who had the issues, they mention to me phones or laptops that I never heard of, I am probably being ignorant by saying that but you know what I mean.

When watching YouTube videos of certain people whose assets ain’t loading in, most are playing on Phone. Now what type of phone they are using I have no idea and the same issue I have seen happen on what seems to be laptops.

Now, who knows if is an error on Roblox because yesterday I entered a game via the app found on the Microsoft Store and barely things loaded in. I had to leave and rejoin multiple times for assets to load in.

1 Like

Do you know how much space the assets take up in total?