Why did my game die out?

does anyone know why my game might have died out? I have been constantly updating the game and adding suggestions from players and the game has just been dying. I even reverted the update back to when the game was growing but its not helping

5 Likes

Have you been uploading things like trailers for updates on Youtube?

Like launch trailers for your games when they release. Or teasers for future updates.

Many popular games I know have official platforms that they use to post on. (social links)

You’re doing mostly everything right, but you might want to try doing that if you’re not already doing that.

And try encouraging people to join your group (if you have one), discord, or other media.

Another thing to be aware of is that your game can have competitors on Roblox.

All I can really say is add new things and features that will attract more players to your game, and replayability. Try new things and you can really go crazy with it if you want.

1 Like

Unlucky, sometimes you will get pushed from the Algo, sometimes not.

A way to get in the Algo fast is by Pumping the Game with Tons of Advertisment (Shorts, TT, Roblox Ads) Or you could try to make an UGC Event.

1 Like

its hard to find cheap ugc creators for me

1 Like

cheap? you have a 1k daily revenue they probaly wont take to much like 5k for a copycat ugc

im not adding trailers of the game because its a sort of click bait game and its not as realistic as the other ones like “mimic” or “Thanatophobia”

this is the game icon and title btw

1 Like

17+, 38% likes and “{DO NOT PLAY} Scariest Game On Roblox” are quite off-putting.
I don’t think your title reaches your 17+ audience given its clickbait nature and the dissatisfaction suggests poor quality so it’s unlikely for people to see the game and feel inclined to play.
I’m assuming the like% is falling over time which will only make retention worse.

Instead of promoting the game, I’d suggest focusing your efforts on a new game.

1 Like

I tried finding some but most were trying to get around 10-15k robux per upload or 50-70$ USD
but ill keep trying to find one

thats hella expensive, what if you create the ugc and then sent it to someone to upload?

Just to add to this, tags in the description are often off-putting as well. Tags are closely associated to poorly made games, such as tycoons or bad obbies. Adding tags to your game would probably make users think that your game is bad, too.

Im trying to reach a younger audience because they fall for click bait the most, also my like ratio has been rising

1 Like

I could try to do that , im gonna have to watch tutorials on how to use blender, btw do you know where to find uploaders

I thought adding tags would make your game show up more when people search up that tag

it does but because of that reason it makes games look bad, since it’s basically a poor man’s way of advertising

this thread has good points

on a side note, i did notice in your game that moving the camera around is very violent and could make cause people to get motion sickness (I myself started to get dizzy.), just a suggestion to maybe tone it down a little bit.

maybe try searching on talent hub or discord

To be honest, its likely Roblox promoting your game less. I mentioned this in another topic but Roblox discovery page is absolute trash. It just promotes the same popular games (with 100K to 1K players) which makes developers who create games like yours less seen. It’s really sad to see games that have so much potential become overrided by games that get over promoted. I’m assuming that could be one factor of why your game is dying out.

Heres the other topic I posted in: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/what-do-you-think-of-the-discovery-page/2917939/22?u=mevvey