Why do people drop the game almost instantly?

Hello devs! I recently released a game that many people call underrated. I tried making sponsors and ads but people usually get in the game, take a few steps and leave. I tried my best to make the game simple and easy to understand but it doesn’t seem to work. I am looking for some constructive criticism as to why this is the case. If you don’t find it too troubling, could you give me your honest opinions and what I should change in order to keep people in?

Don’t worry about the name, it’s not one of those games where everyone is given kohls admin lol

I think the game is fun however most players probably wont know what is happening when they joined. Like I didn’t understand why I was a ghost a few minutes later. I also recommend putting a tutorial for new players. Also you could put a indicator that your a ghost

1 Like

Alright, I’ll try to get a tutorial done soon and maybe put a “Spectating” text fade in when you’re a ghost :+1:

I played for a little bit. Spawned as a ghost. As a developer and reading this thread, I understood I was probably in spectating mode but for the average player they probably do not know.

There is also a lot of downtime while being a spectator. All you can do is walk around and do nothing, which is probably the biggest nono when it comes to games (player not being able to “play” your game).

A lot of minigame-like experiences on Roblox has something for spectators to do even during downtime. Be it interacting with the environment, joining in with the “admin” (but with lesser powers than the admin), stuff like that.

When creating an experience, try minimizing the downtime for your spectators. Remember, players have literal seconds of patience. The moment they can’t play something, they’ll leave.

1 Like

I understand, thanks! I added a “Spectating” text fade in and out whenever you’re a ghost, which should clear out confusion and will think of ways to let spectators pass time :+1:

1 Like

You should add a (IN-GAME) text when you are a ghost just so you know that a round is playing or something like that. You could also maybe change how the game is advertised, because when I saw “Admin Abuse”, I though it was boring everybody have admin games.

I only played the tutorial, but the game looks really fun! Also add a text for teleporting to tutorial, I got annoyed and confused when I randomly got tp’d to another game.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I’ll definitely add the “Teleporting to Tutorial” and “Teleporting to Main Game” texts. And the round timer will be “In-Round: XX:XX” :smiley:

1 Like