Why does a free model by ROBLOX have a virus?

I do not understand what person at ROBLOX HQ would do this. It’s a picnic table that has a virus.

If you don’t believe me, check it out for yourself.
(be sure to place it in studio to see the virus)
https://www.roblox.com/library/23153940/Picnic-Table

3 Likes

I’m sure that roblox would not make a model with a virus on purpose. It could have been hacked?

1 Like

strange… you should contact them about it. The people at roblox dont make models they just put the logos on the ones they like im pretty sure…

• i agree with urnan2048

Yeah, this is strange. Are you sure it is by roblox or is it someone trying to pretend they are roblox?

That’s alarming. It is the official account of Roblox… Looks like the asset has been breached.

you can’t pretend that you are roblox because the name is taken.

1 Like

no, it’s ROBLOX themselves. I went to the profile in the model, and it was the real ROBLOX profile.

someone could have hacked it…

Are you sure it is the real roblox account and not a faker? Please show me proof that it was the real roblox profile.

Go to the link he posted and click the “By Roblox”

This is the model. https://www.roblox.com/library/23153940/Picnic-Table
It contains no scripts, so it’s not a “virus,” but it’s strange it has that weird RotateP instance.

Why would roblox put a virus in their model? They are breaking there own rules.

If this was hacked, then what other roblox made models would have a virus?

It may be a breach (30 chars).

definitely contact support about this, it’s very strange especially if it’s a creation by them

Yeah, Roblox didn’t intentionally do this.
Also, there are no scripts in that model so that is pretty harmless anyway. You can just delete it.
Even if you don’t delete it, it can’t really do anything since it’s not a script.

Either way I’m sue Roblox will sort it out soon!

1 Like

Here is your proof:

My mistake, I thought it could have been but I did not look for myself.

1 Like

Hey,

I’m pretty sure I know what happened. I’m not an expert at this but I had a similar situation. Basically, what probably happened is that you had more free models and one of these had that virus. Once you pressed test game or play game the virus spread somehow. (I had that same situation, I don’t know how they spread but I assume that) This is then how it got onto the roblox model. I’m 100% sure roblox wouldn’t do that because it can’t happen by accident and the people who work there aren’t kids they’re adults that know what they’re doing.

I hope this helped you!

• Cheerful
1 Like

It’s just a blank baseplate, with nothing except the baseplate and the table.