Why does DevForum moderation suck?

And then there’s this troll guy posting random stuff on the forum. Yeah, it got moderated, but it’s still going. They need to stop it.

3 Likes

It didn’t. They aren’t here at the moment (Weekends?). The ignored is only because a certain number of users have reported it.

2 Likes

In that case, I feel like they need some kind of weekend moderation. Even AI moderation would be better than nothing.

3 Likes

Or we could just agree as a community to not be a bunch of shitheads. We don’t need AI moderation here.

5 Likes

Then support this post: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/standby-mod-247/
:grin:

2 Likes

Moderation is great!

• When the mods are offline all the spammers and trollers come out

• When the mods are online all the legitimate users who made slight negligible errors that don’t affect anyone get their posts removed

2 Likes

Yeah i just didnt realise there was no moderation at weekends

2 Likes

So true. I got my post flagged after I gave someone a tip on how not to lose their studio work when Roblox went down two weeks ago. I quote “I had to save locally”, in the hope they would also do the same and someone flagged it. I got a message telling me my post was removed for being “off topic”.

Devforum moderation is worse than normal moderation ngl

2 Likes

I literally once had a post removed that was completely on topic and had on topic responses to them. So the result was that if someone would read the thread they would be confused because it was missing the context of my reply that a moderator removed because some random troll flagged it and the mod didn’t even bother to read it.

3 Likes

I do not have #forum-help, so I cannot.

Yup… I hate when mods can’t understand, they don’t bother to even read anything.

They just see something somewhat not related to the category and immediately unlist and lock the topic.

2 Likes

@mosquitowo Didn’t even know you could say that on the Developer Forum, but yeah. Knowing how bad it is on Roblox.

@infamous_eddy is here to save us all! :partying_face:

1 Like

As long as it isn’t excessive or directed towards anyone, it’s fine in categories like this AFAIK.

1 Like

Wow, cool! I am surprised, never seen someone say it on here.

1 Like

DevForum moderation sucks not because it takes down threads, but because it doesn’t take down enough of them.

There’s an official “what are you working on right now” thread, that’s why yours was flagged and rightfully taken down.

1 Like

Fella they arent wrong, you did break the rules

Because they believe every flagged post in private categories marked inappropriate when it has swears. I posted an image with a swear in a post about the horribleness of Roblox moderation. And it was taken down