Why does humanoid head move side to side

Hey, I was following a tutorial where I wanted to make the humanoid head move (I understood that there is a motor6D called the “Neck” in the torso object of my humanoid). Anyhow, I want the NPC’s head move towards where the player is.

For some reason the humanoid’s head moves side to side like this:

Code:

local NPC =	workspace.NPCRig
local neck = NPC.Torso.Neck

function getClosestPlayer()
	local closestPlayer, closestDistance = nil, 100

for i, player in pairs(workspace:GetChildren()) do
		if player:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") and player ~= NPC then 
			local distance = (NPC.PrimaryPart.Position - player.PrimaryPart.Position).Magnitude

if distance < closestDistance then
				closestPlayer = player	
				closestDistance = distance
			end
		end 
	end
	return closestPlayer
end

local cframe0 = neck.C0

while task.wait() do
	local player = getClosestPlayer()

if player then
		if NPC.PrimaryPart.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(player.PrimaryPart.Position).Z < 0 then
			-- is infront
			local unitOfGaze = -(NPC.PrimaryPart.CFrame.Position - player.PrimaryPart.Position).unit
			neck.C0 = cframe0 * CFrame.new(Vector3.new(0, 0, 0), unitOfGaze)
		end
	end
end

Can someone tell me why?

Might be an issue with how you programmed it, may we see your head moving code

oh my god, I did not realize I forgor to put the code

Edited with code included, read your hearts away <3

Checked it out as well, I think maybe it’s that - you put when you define the unitOfGaze, try changing it to local unitOfGaze = (NPC.PrimaryPart.CFrame.Position - player.PrimaryPart.Position).unit

Also, maybe instead of making it face the player’s primaryPart as it does right now, you can make it face the head, unless that’s not what you want

Edit: Checked again, it doesn’t work well when you jump, I’ll check out as well what’s up with that

1 Like

Alright, changed it to negative, still sadly does not work. I even changed the object it looks at to the head, same result. This is really goofy and frankly unexpected as I followed a youtube tutorial which yielded a totally different result.

This^

I found another post that had issues moving the neck properly

I took the solution and changed it around with the tutorial you had as well, so maybe try this?

if player then
		if NPC.PrimaryPart.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(player.PrimaryPart.CFrame).Z < 0 then
			-- is infront
			local camDirection = (CFrame.new(NPC.PrimaryPart.Position, player.PrimaryPart.Position):inverse() * NPC.PrimaryPart.CFrame).LookVector * -1
			neck.C0 = CFrame.new(Vector3.new(0, neck.C0.Y, 0)) * CFrame.Angles(0, -math.asin(camDirection.X), 0) * CFrame.Angles(math.asin(camDirection.Y), 0, 0)
		end
	end

It works somewhat okay for me

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.