Why does my mesh have problems?

Hello fellow 3d Modelers and Developers,

This mesh has problems with it’s faces loading in and as well loading in shadows
if anyone has the solution to fixing this problem it’s appreciated that you comment.

In Blender (assuming you’re using that), make sure the Normal is facing the right way for that Face. If it’s not, then you can either invert it (preferred), use the Solidify modifier, or select DoubleSided in Roblox Studio. There are many tutorials on inverting normals.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.79/modeling/meshes/editing/normals.html

Might want to look at this tutorial:

1 Like

If the mesh is maded on blender then go to edit mode, select all vertices, press alt N and click Recalculate Outside and the mesh should be fixed when you import it to the studio

Hi I tried doing recalculate normals and a quarter of it is still looking inside.

Thanks for any help

Just select the red faces using face select mode then flip the faces.

Yes I did the flip faces and it seemed to work but when I reuploaded it to roblox there is this one strange triangle above the eye, but there is no visible triangle on that part of the mesh

Umm I’m not that experienced but is double sided enabled on the mesh properties, that sometimes causes problems. Also if you feel like your mesh has collision problems change the CollisionFidelity property of your MeshPart to PreciseConvexDecomposition to fix this.

I assume it could be negative verticals
try enabling Double sided?

Hi, i’ve done double sided but no it’s just the mesh not collisions

That’s the strange thing because i’ve done flip faces and recalculate normals but there is still this one triangle and its where there are 2 squares

Taking a quick look at the mesh, it seems some of the faces aren’t connected due to a topographical error with the mirror modifier. You can try combining vertices that share the same location by selecting the entire object in edit mode, go to mesh, clean up, merge by distance. With all the faces selected, you can also use CTRL + F, then select shade smooth to soften the edges.

1 Like